Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What can we do better?
(06-01-2020, 04:42 PM)RobinK Wrote: Encryption works now. Thanks, Justin.
You bet...glad it is functioning.
~ Justin M.
The following 1 user Likes mayer57619's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-01-2020)
Like Reply
That's better. HTTPS working. No mixed content. Lovely. Thanks.
The following 2 users Like riverrun's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-01-2020), mayer57619 (06-01-2020)
Like Reply
I appreciate all the work you guys are doing bringing this site online and up to snuff.
I'm sure there is more work to be done and there may be hiccups along the way. Obviously some issues will be more irritating than others. But for the price of admission we all need to remember this is a work in progress and our job as users is to politely inform those working on the site of the issues we run into so they can find salutations.
This is from my experience an excellent group of guys and I'm sure glad to be a part of this community. Lets all try to make things easier on the guys working on the site by trying to contain our frustration and just make them aware of problems and if your tech savy enough potential salutations.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh (06-01-2020), mayer57619 (06-01-2020)
Like Reply
(06-01-2020, 05:34 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I appreciate all the work you guys are doing bringing this site online and up to snuff.
I'm sure there is more work to be done and there may be hiccups along the way. Obviously some issues will be more irritating than others. But for the price of admission we all need to remember this is a work in progress and our job as users is to politely inform those working on the site of the issues we run into so they can find salutations.
This is from my experience an excellent group of guys and I'm sure glad to be a part of this community. Lets all try to make things easier on the guys working on the site by trying to contain our frustration and just make them aware of problems and if your tech savy enough potential salutations.
The tech guys are doing a great job. Things have come a long way since I first logged on.  They seem to be very knowledgeable and patient.  Heart
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-01-2020), mayer57619 (06-01-2020), TroutWhisperer (06-02-2020)
Like Reply
(06-01-2020, 04:40 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: Lets try thing set up this way...hopefully I got it straightened out, but only time will tell.  Sorry for the troubles.

You have done a lot more work then expected when you started. Thank you for hammering away at things!!
Don’t molest the Williams. Fuzzy don’t Uber!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-02-2020), mayer57619 (06-02-2020)
Like Reply
With the SSL issues out of the way, I personally have two more suggestions for improvement:

1. User galleries would be very nice, I think: https://www.mybbhacks.com/demoforum/ezgallery.php
  2. A responsive theme such as Emerald

Thanks,
Robin
The following 2 users Like RobinK's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-02-2020), mayer57619 (06-03-2020)
Like Reply
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't post pictures unless I use Postimages.org
I think I saw something about a size limit to pictures.
What is the best way to post a picture here without a link form postimages.org?
Like Reply
(06-03-2020, 02:40 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't post pictures unless I use Postimages.org
Quote:The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

500k is significantly less than most smartphone cameras produce. Simple workaround for you: Install a second camera app, set it to a low resolution, and you should stay below 500k.

That said, I think a proper user gallery with a more generous maximum file size would be better. I don't know the stats for this site, but I doubt the server is anywhere near the download limit of its plan. But I may be wrong.
The following 1 user Likes RobinK's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-03-2020)
Like Reply
(06-03-2020, 06:37 AM)RobinK Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 02:40 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't post pictures unless I use Postimages.org
Quote:The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.

500k is significantly less than most smartphone cameras produce. Simple workaround for you: Install a second camera app, set it to a low resolution, and you should stay below 500k.

That said, I think a proper user gallery with a more generous maximum file size would be better. I don't know the stats for this site, but I doubt the server is anywhere near the download limit of its plan. But I may be wrong.

Thank you. I used to use an app to resize pictures. I'll see if I still have it. I'm on several forums and frequently use the same pictures so it may be easiest to just resize the picture for the ones with size limits.
Like Reply
There are several online resources available, eg https://www.reduceimages.com/

Or you can use a tool for adults: https://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/formats/#jpg
The following 1 user Likes RobinK's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-05-2020)
Like Reply