Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush makers show thread. Razor handles also welcome.
I thought Jayaruh had started a thread here for brush handles. But I don't see one.
Well here we go. This thread is a place for showing custom brush and razor handles weather made on a lathe or carved in another manner. This it for the makers of said handles to show what they have made. It's not intended for showing custom handles you have ordered or production products.

Here is my most recent brush handle. A good friend wanted another brush. He picked up this hybrid blank and the knot and asked me to make a brush of similar shape and size to one I previously made him.
This was my first time turning a hybrid blank. It was a little tricky in spots but overall went pretty good.
The knot is a 26mm Two band badger from Maggard's.

The following 6 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • CarlfromMO, Droo78, ischiapp, Jayaruh, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
That is a beautiful brush. I only have a little experience with a hybrid blank. I found it messy. The results were good though. I decided to stick with just wood and leave the acrylics alone.
This is Jayaruh #333,
[Image: JR-333.jpg]

and this is Jayaruh #334. Both were adopted.
[Image: JR-334.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CarlfromMO, Droo78, GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
They both look great Jayaruh. I really have grown to like orange in a lot of things lately.
I have worked mostly with wood but have done all acrylic blanks plenty now too. This was the first mixed blank for me.
The acrylic is a little messy to turn but it finishes so beautifully.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh, TobyC
Like Reply
Here are my two latest razor handles off the lathe. Made for a member on another forums. They turned out quite nicely and with the included adapter screws I made they fit a wide variety of razor heads.

The following 8 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • CarlfromMO, Droo78, Flintstone, Grassy, Hoser#99nein, ischiapp, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
I just completed this Celtic knot brush. This is the JR #415. The handle is oak and the "knot" is rosewood. The knot is a Maggard synthetic. Handle is 76mm high, knot is 26x50.
[Image: JR415_08.jpg]
The following 7 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CarlfromMO, Droo78, GAW9576, Grassy, Hoser#99nein, Tony'schin, Wchnu
Like Reply
(09-14-2020, 08:11 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I just completed this Celtic knot brush. This is the JR #415. The handle is oak and the "knot" is rosewood. The knot is a Maggard synthetic. Handle is 76mm high, knot is 26x50.

What a gorgeous brush, Jim! Wow!
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-14-2020, 08:11 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I just completed this Celtic knot brush. This is the JR #415. The handle is oak and the "knot" is rosewood. The knot is a Maggard synthetic. Handle is 76mm high, knot is 26x50.

Very Impressive. I don't know how you line up all those pieces so well. I haven't had any success with anything more than simple 2 and 3 price straight section glueups.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply
(07-04-2020, 07:14 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I thought Jayaruh had started a thread here for brush handles. But I don't see one.
Well here we go. This thread is a place for showing custom brush and razor handles weather made on a lathe or carved in another manner. This it for the makers of said handles to show what they have made. It's not intended for showing custom handles you have ordered or production products.

Here is my most recent brush handle. A good friend wanted another brush. He picked up this hybrid blank and the knot and asked me to make a brush of similar shape and size to one I previously made him.
This was my first time turning a hybrid blank. It was a little tricky in spots but overall went pretty good.
The knot is a 26mm Two band badger from Maggard's.
Beautiful. What kind of wood is that?
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 4 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Fluffy, GAW9576, Jayaruh, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-15-2020, 01:30 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:

Very Impressive. I don't know how you line up all those pieces so well. I haven't had any success with anything more than simple 2 and 3 price straight section glueups.

Here is my process: https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/search?q=celtic
The following 1 user Likes Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Wchnu Wrote: Beautiful. What kind of wood is that?

It's oak.
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, Wchnu
Like Reply