Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August 2020 Hauls
(09-10-2020, 07:11 AM)Grassy Wrote: Picked up this German made Comfort Safety Razor. It needs a bit of tidying up but nice to get a complete set.

Amazing. Very nice find.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(09-10-2020, 07:11 AM)Grassy Wrote: Picked up this German made Comfort Safety Razor. It needs a bit of tidying up but nice to get a complete set.

Where is the right-hand side blade clip?
sɐǝɹpu∀ — https://razors.page @patents@razors.page
ᓚᘏᗢ

The following 2 users Like riverrun's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
(09-10-2020, 04:44 PM)riverrun Wrote:

Where is the right-hand side blade clip?

You got me worried there but no need to panic, it's just in the shadow. Two sprung side clips (with blade stops) working just fine. Smile
The following 2 users Like Grassy's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply

Beautiful razor. Well done Sir.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Grassy, Jayaruh, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(09-10-2020, 06:05 PM)Grassy Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 04:44 PM)riverrun Wrote: Where is the right-hand side blade clip?

You got me worried there but no need to panic, it's just in the shadow. Two sprung side clips (with blade stops) working just fine. Smile

I was hoping for shadows. Nice catch.
sɐǝɹpu∀ — https://razors.page @patents@razors.page
ᓚᘏᗢ

The following 2 users Like riverrun's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
(08-20-2020, 03:49 AM)Grassy Wrote: Very happy to have picked up this little lot the other day. Gem Chrome Strop Outfit came in the shipper, with the paper work and two extra blade banks. In the tin a US Gem 1912. 
Quite a difference in the presentation of the two razors!

I believe this is the one that is referred to as the GEM Jewel, right?  Very hard to find!

Very nice!  I have a couple of Comfort lather-catchers but have never seen a case for one!!!
The following 2 users Like Cleavep222's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
(09-14-2020, 11:19 PM)cpool222 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 03:49 AM)Grassy Wrote: Very happy to have picked up this little lot the other day. Gem Chrome Strop Outfit came in the shipper, with the paper work and two extra blade banks. In the tin a US Gem 1912. 
Quite a difference in the presentation of the two razors!

I believe this is the one that is referred to as the GEM Jewel, right?  Very hard to find!

Yeah definitely less common than the Ever Ready. Ever Ready (England) used the "Gem"  name for their export production so here in Australia we see more of them. They also sent various Gem branded 1912 sets and Featherweights all made in England.
I don't think it can be called a "Jewel" though, I have an Ever Ready Jewel set which comes in the metal box so I don't think all the Gem variants can be called Jewels. We all end up using Streamline anyway because all the actuall razors are the same! Smile

Very nice!  I have a couple of Comfort lather-catchers but have never seen a case for one!!!

Yeah, a lucky find! I had a look on the net but couldn't find this box set. I dont think they ever sold them here in Oz so I imagine a German immigrant might have bought it from Germany many years ago. Of course I dont know but it's fun to speculate. Smile
The following 3 users Like Grassy's post:
  • Cleavep222, GAW9576, mlb 549
Like Reply