Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A note from the desk of Fuzzy.
(05-26-2020, 02:27 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: The site seems to be coming along quite nicely. I believe a work on a mobile version was mentioned. Any word on that? I am definitely enjoying the site as is but would hate to miss the launch of the mobile friendly version.
Currently, MyBB does not have support for a good mobile platform. 

I was fighting with tapatalk for a while and found that it has a few security issues and it is very difficult to get functioning.  I use it for other forums and like the interface, so I may have to take another look at it if there is enough demand to get it functional.  

From what I have found, the easiest way to get a better mobile experience would be to get a Theme set up that is Responsive.
~ Justin M.
The following 1 user Likes mayer57619's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(05-26-2020, 02:33 PM)mayer57619 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:27 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: The site seems to be coming along quite nicely. I believe a work on a mobile version was mentioned. Any word on that? I am definitely enjoying the site as is but would hate to miss the launch of the mobile friendly version.
Currently, MyBB does not have support for a good mobile platform. 

I was fighting with tapatalk for a while and found that it has a few security issues and it is very difficult to get functioning.  I use it for other forums and like the interface, so I may have to take another look at it if there is enough demand to get it functional.  

From what I have found, the easiest way to get a better mobile experience would be to get a Theme set up that is Responsive.

Is the responsive theme something on the programming end or something I would do in my settings?
Like Reply
(05-27-2020, 08:42 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:33 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: Currently, MyBB does not have support for a good mobile platform. 

Is the responsive theme something on the programming end or something I would do in my settings?
It is a tech thing. We are looking into it.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Wish I was useful in the tech department. I sure appreciate those who are.
It's awesome to be a part of this community.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • mayer57619
Like Reply
(05-27-2020, 03:52 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Wish I was useful in the tech department. I sure appreciate those who are.
It's awesome to be a part of this community.
Glad to have you here. I tried doing some of it and failed. Had to get help.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Bird Lives, GAW9576
Like Reply
It's all I can do, to dial a smart phone....I think my smart phone is haunted anyway. Sometimes I call people when I wasn't calling anyone...lol...whew!! Talk about technologically illiterate!
"Music is my Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle to No One"-Duke Ellington
"To Be or Not To Bop"-Dizzy Gillespie
The following 2 users Like Bird Lives's post:
  • GAW9576, twhite
Like Reply
My cell likes to occasionally send a text to the wrong person. Luckily nothing to embarrassing YET.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • twhite
Like Reply
Well how are we doing?
Happy shaves to ya!
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
No problems of any sort, except for my log in---typed wrong when set up and now have to log in twice, my bad though!
The following 1 user Likes mlb 549's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 05:24 PM)mlb 549 Wrote: No problems of any sort, except for my log in---typed wrong when set up and now have to log in twice, my bad though!

Glad it’s going good. I do not have to log in every time so that helps.
Happy shaves to ya!
  • GAW9576
Like Reply