Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you smoking today?
An early bowl of Mac Baren Ambrosia Black in a Bent Falcon with a Rustic Dublin bowl.
It's quite deceiving this Ambrosia Black, all dark and heavy, but it smokes cool and mellow. I find it quite nice.
T
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 3 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
Mac Baren Black Ambrosia - After the initial " good" tobacco, the main of the packet was small pieces and it was quite dry, the flavour is really nice and i think i will try it again, hopefully, i get a better quality pack.
I have mixed a bit Jamaican Flake in with it to help bind when packing and slow the burn.
Running the end of the packet in the Peterson Donegal 80S Rhodesian.
Not sure what to open next?

Like Reply
Had some Cult Blood Red Moon in a M&M Corncob Dagner Poker pipe. Good times.
The following 4 users Like Zykris's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, Tony'schin, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
Opened a tin of Petersons Killarney an old Favourite of mine. Very nice in a bent Falcon fitted with a Rustic Bulldog bowl. I will run this alongside the G&H Jamaican flake.

The following 2 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Droo78, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
I Finished off the G&H Jamaican flake on Thurs, I had a couple of bowls of Peterson's  Kilearney yesterday, very much enjoyed them.
As I like to run a Flake alongside R Rubbed today I opened a tin of Peterson's University Flake, trying it in the Bantam Falcon with a Rustic Billiard bowl, very mellow, slow burning with a sweet/savory taste, there seems to be a little floral / spice in there also.
Quite nice. 
[Image: Screenshot-20200725-104528-Photos.jpg]

• Droo78, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
(07-25-2020, 09:54 AM)Tony'schin Wrote: I Finished off the G&H Jamaican flake on Thurs, I had a couple of bowls of Peterson's  Kilearney yesterday, very much enjoyed them.
As I like to run a Flake alongside R Rubbed today I opened a tin of Peterson's University Flake, trying it in the Bantam Falcon with a Rustic Billiard bowl, very mellow, slow burning with a sweet/savory taste, there seems to be a little floral / spice in there also.
Quite nice. 
[Image: Screenshot-20200725-104528-Photos.jpg]

Nice pipe! I've never seen one like that.
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Thanks Andrew, it's a shorter version of their standard, I am not sure if you can still buy them.
It's a nice little pipe and smokes well.
Falcons seem to be my reach for pipes lately.
Easy to clean, mix n match bowls and pretty hard to damage.
T
Update, they are quite rare, however, there are a couple of these estate pipes on the bayuk. They need a clean though.
T

Like Reply
(07-25-2020, 09:54 AM)Tony'schin Wrote: ...I opened a tin of Peterson's University Flake...

I found a tin of this blend last time I visited the States.  Thoroughly enjoyable.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." — Jesus
www.youtube.com/troutwhisperer
The following 1 user Likes TroutWhisperer's post:
  • Tony'schin
Like Reply
I finished the Sweet Kilarney last week and really enjoyed it, i needed to use up the last of the G&H Exclusiv Plum Rum, its not doing it for me and  was glad to see the back of it.
To run along side the Peterson's University Flake i opened a tin of Eric Stokkebye's 1897 blend, a 1st for me. I was not sure what to expect and the tin aroma is very nice, quite sweet with some floral notes.
I packed a bent Falcon fitted with the Rustic Bulldog bowl and it lit first time, i got the honey from the off, it seemed to coat my mouth and was not unpleasant, this then moved to the back and the vanilla came to the fore about a 1/4 the way down, the vanilla stayed with hints of honey now and again and now there was a more earthy tobbaco flavour accompanied by the vanilla and honey.
For a 1st go i quite enjoyed it.
[Image: P8190002.jpg]

• Droo78, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
Mac Baren Vanilla Cream this morning, Cornell & Diehl Sun Bear this afternoon, and C&D Burley Flake #4 this evening.  A wonderful, unseasonably hot, late summer day.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." — Jesus
www.youtube.com/troutwhisperer
The following 2 users Like TroutWhisperer's post:
  • Droo78, Tony'schin
Like Reply