Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams Mug Shave Soap Williams Wednesday shave.
[Image: sos200812.jpg]
Williams Wednesday's Shave
[Image: cws.png]

Cold Water Rinse
Williams Mug Soap
Jayaruh #395 2-band Badger
3D TNNSER
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Lucky Tiger AS

The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #395 2-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D TNNSER razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 5 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin
Like Reply
    Early day for work so did the early Thursday Williams Wednesday. Great shave from the vintage shave stick and E3. Finished up with Aqua Velva.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 6 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Had a Wonderful Williams Wednesday with an open comb "Simplified Schick Automatic Razor" (aka the C1) and a barbershop Yaqi badger.  Modern Williams lathered right up and after 2 passes I had an easy "Darn Fine Shave".   I threw on some expensive Witchhazel (Thayer's Rose) -- the only thing that didn't make it a "Fuzzy Shave"  Big Grin  -- and did a short touch-up pass....the final result was an awesome finish to a busy Wednesday!!!
[Image: 46A67116-33A4-45B6-ABCF-1BB4F314128E.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
Here's my Williams Wednesday shave.
[Image: sos200819.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
(08-20-2020, 12:33 PM)Flintstone Wrote: Had a Wonderful Williams Wednesday with an open comb "Simplified Schick Automatic Razor" (aka the C1) and a barbershop Yaqi badger.  Modern Williams lathered right up and after 2 passes I had an easy "Darn Fine Shave".   I threw on some expensive Witchhazel (Thayer's Rose) -- the only thing that didn't make it a "Fuzzy Shave"  Big Grin  -- and did a short touch-up pass....the final result was an awesome finish to a busy Wednesday!!!
[Image: 46A67116-33A4-45B6-ABCF-1BB4F314128E.jpg]

That's one of the top of my list of razors I want to find.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone
Like Reply
An excellent Williams Mug shave today.
[Image: sos200826.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576
Like Reply
Wednesday's Shave

Ever Ready 1912
GEM S/S PTFE (2)
Semogue 820 Boar
Vintage Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Aftershave

Today was the first shave using my newly acquired vintage puck of Williams. I soaked it 24 hours in the bottom of a mug (pictured) that has almost the same diameter as the puck (water just barely covering the top of the soap). This was my way of re-hydrating and reviving the soap. I dumped and refreshed the water three separate times and the puck was ready for use this morning. What a complete difference from the modern pucks. WOW! I will state for the record - I am able to achieve decent results from the modern pucks. The lather I achieved today though was in no way comparable to the modern Williams. It was a thick, yogurt like, creamy lather. There was also NO dissipation. As for the shave performance, I have to admit there was not as much of a night and day difference. Still very slick, but it's a bit more protective than the modern version and the post shave feel is better too. For $5, I consider it a good purchase.

Three passes today with the Ever Ready 1912 provided a BBS result with no irritation or mishaps. Surprisingly, I did have enough lather in my brush for two more passes.

Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:13 PM)Droo78 Wrote: Wednesday's Shave

Ever Ready 1912
GEM S/S PTFE (2)
Semogue 820 Boar
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Aftershave

Today was the first shave using my newly acquired vintage puck of Williams. I soaked it 24 hours in the bottom of a mug (pictured) that has almost the same diameter as the puck (water just barely covering the top of the soap). This was my way of re-hydrating and reviving the soap. I dumped and refreshed the water three separate times and the puck was ready for use this morning. What a complete difference from the modern pucks. WOW! I will state for the record - I am able to achieve decent results from the modern pucks. The lather I achieved today though was in no way comparable to the modern Williams. It was a thick, yogurt like, creamy lather. There was also NO dissipation. As for the shave performance, I have to admit there was not as much of a night and day difference. Still very slick, but it's a bit more protective than the modern version and the post shave feel is better too. For $5, I consider it a good purchase.

Three passes today with the Ever Ready 1912 provided a BBS result with no irritation or mishaps. Surprisingly, I did have enough lather in my brush for two more passes.
You could have slipped the blooming..... Angry The soap would have worked just as good. But on that note I am glad you now know the joys of Vintage Williams!!! Welcome to that show!!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • Droo78
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 01:02 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:13 PM)Droo78 Wrote: Wednesday's Shave

Ever Ready 1912
GEM S/S PTFE (2)
Semogue 820 Boar
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Aftershave

You could have slipped the blooming..... Angry The soap would have worked just as good. But on that note I am glad you now know the joys of Vintage Williams!!! Welcome to that show!!!

Thanks, Fuzzy.
I wasn't sure what I really needed to do for the old puck. So, I just did what I thought seemed logical. I had read threads about grating the soap and adding boiling water, then letting it dry for 4-5 days (some added menthol crystals). All of this was to rehydrate the soap. I didn't want to do that just yet, but I felt I probably needed to do something. Perhaps I was mistaken.

It really is a great performing soap, and from what I could tell from my short research, this puck probably dates as far back as the 1950's to early 60's. The price circle has the 19 cents stamped in the middle and also on the front of the box is another price of 5 cents handwritten. The puck inside was wrapped in a paper Aqua Velva advertisement.

On another note, I still have the puck of Colgate Shaving Mug soap that I have not used yet. I may try using it without blooming first and see how it goes. Its box has a barcode on it so I know it is newer than this puck of vintage Williams.
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
[Image: sos200902.jpg]
[Image: cws.png]

Cold Water Rinse
Williams Mug Soap
Jayaruh #313
Gem Damaskeene
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Mennen Skin Bracer AS

Day 2 of SEptember. The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #313 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Damaskeene razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Mennen Skin Bracer AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply