Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams Mug Shave Soap Williams Wednesday shave.
(04-09-2021, 06:25 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 11:00 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Thank you and sorry I missed this somehow, Cheers

Williams Wednesday

Wednesday April 7, 2021
Razor: Ever Ready 1914
Blade: Gem Personna SS (1)
Brush: Klenzo Boar
Soap: Vintage Williams
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Nautica Blue

Not much to say about the great lather from vintage Williams. I probably have enough backups for my grand-kids, if I had kids.....The Klenzo with the old and cheap Chinese Boar didn't shed a single hair meaning this one may stay in the brush. I has a HUGE glue bump but still a nice presentation for such a little brush and easily will build and hold 3 passes worth of lather. May need to clean up the handle and refinish at some point as well as Paint the white in the rubber part of the handle. This 1914 is a replacement head for the cased one I bought. If you follow along here you know it had a cockeyed head and while this one looked fine when the blade was loaded, in the end I noticed the same offset on this one. Maybe they are known for it. Still got a great smooth shave as expected but I wish it was straight. The Razorock handle paired well with it. It came in a small lot purchase so it was put to use because............................because I could and like how it looked. Have a Stupid Fun Day Everyone !
Po’ molested little razor. ?. Glad it shaved good.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ! I like a handle that is big enough for my mitts  Tongue
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Williams Wednesday

Wednesday April 14, 2021
Razor: Gem Junior Bar
Blade: Gem Carbon Steel (1)
Brush: MrEE LE
AS 2: Vintage Williams Aqua Velva
Fragrance: TBD

Relaxing shave this morning with some amazing lather from the Vintage Williams soap. Swiped it off with the new to me Gem Junior Bar and a Carbon Steel Gem Blade sent by Paul (StubbleDaddy) I've used them before and they are smoother although feel the SS are sharper. Hey, Get off of my Cloud. That's my experience Big Grin This razor has some wear and the blade stops are low but still function. I did get a terrifically smooth shave and I'm ready for coffee, a little Cherry pie and forum perusing before getting my day going. Moving slow with allergies picking up and head out mid morning for a 2nd jab of the Pfizer Vaccine. Have a great day and great shaves !!

Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 11:41 AM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 06:25 AM)Wchnu Wrote: Po’ molested little razor. ?. Glad it shaved good.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ! I like a handle that is big enough for my mitts  Tongue

One of the acceptable reasons.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY
Like Reply
(04-14-2021, 10:59 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Williams Wednesday

Wednesday April 14, 2021

Relaxing shave this morning with some amazing lather from the Vintage Williams soap. Swiped it off with the new to me Gem Junior Bar and a Carbon Steel Gem Blade sent by Paul (StubbleDaddy) I've used them before and they are smoother although feel the SS are sharper. Hey, Get off of my Cloud. That's my experience Big Grin This razor has some wear and the blade stops are low but still function. I did get a terrifically smooth shave and I'm ready for coffee, a little Cherry pie and forum perusing before getting my day going. Moving slow with allergies picking up and head out mid morning for a 2nd jab of the Pfizer Vaccine. Have a great day and great shaves !!

I think a lot of the Gem Junior Bar razors have the low blade stops. It looks to me like they were made that way. Veddy nice looking set there.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(04-15-2021, 04:45 PM)Wchnu Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 10:59 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Williams Wednesday

Wednesday April 14, 2021

I think a lot of the Gem Junior Bar razors have the low blade stops. It looks to me like they were made that way. Veddy nice looking set there.

Thanks Fuzzy and that may be the case as I'm not sure how a blade up against the side of a stop could wear it down to be shorter. May just be in the design.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
GEM Micromatic razor
GEM stainless steel blade
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Vintage Williams soap
Captain's Choice Nor' Easter Aftershave

~ Justin M.
The following 3 users Like mayer57619's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(04-21-2021, 06:21 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: GEM Micromatic razor
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Vintage Williams soap

Fuzzy approved. Favorite brush, soap and razor there!!!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
(04-22-2021, 01:12 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 06:21 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: GEM Micromatic razor
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Vintage Williams soap

Fuzzy approved. Favorite brush, soap and razor there!!!!

I just received both of them from a purchase on Facebook though not my first Micromatic. The razor has the instructions on the head and it came with the original box as well. The brush performed very well and it came as a pair with another Semogue that has a Red, White, and Green handle.
~ Justin M.
The following 2 users Like mayer57619's post:
  • GAW9576, Wchnu
Like Reply
(04-22-2021, 01:00 PM)mayer57619 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 01:12 AM)Wchnu Wrote: Fuzzy approved. Favorite brush, soap and razor there!!!!

I just received both of them from a purchase on Facebook though not my first Micromatic.  The razor has the instructions on the head and it came with the original box as well.  The brush performed very well and it came as a pair with another Semogue that has a Red, White, and Green handle.

Congrats on the score!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Williams Wednesday

Wednesday April 28, 2021
Razor: A-1 Autostrop
Blade: Modified Gem (2)
Brush: Burma Shave Boar Circa 1979