Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Strop as razor for WW2 military soldier
This was an unexpected photo coming across a WW2 UK military field kit with a Valet Razor. I guess there was no worry about needing blades. I haven’t thought of this razor as a second WW razor before. Do now! 

This photo will likely be cropped a bit as it is settles in here, but this is  from the British Imperial Museum 2nd WW Collection. Guess the model?

Rocketman - a simple Pogonaut in search of the ultimate destubbilization system. 
The following 3 users Like Rocketman's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576, RobinK
Like Reply
(02-15-2024, 04:45 AM)Rocketman Wrote: This was an unexpected photo coming across a WW2 UK military field kit with a Valet Razor. I guess there was no worry about needing blades. I haven’t thought of this razor as a second WW razor before. Do now! 

This photo will likely be cropped a bit as it is settles in here, but this is  from the British Imperial Museum 2nd WW Collection. Guess the model?

You can see the strop folded up in the case.  In order to identify the model you would need a better picture of the roller system and handle.  My guess is a VC1 or earlier.
The following 2 users Like Anchovie666's post:
  • GAW9576, Rocketman
Like Reply
(02-15-2024, 04:45 AM)Rocketman Wrote: This was an unexpected photo coming across a WW2 UK military field kit with a Valet Razor. I guess there was no worry about needing blades. I haven’t thought of this razor as a second WW razor before. Do now! 

It made made sense, especially when blade supply was unreliable.  Here is my favorite AutoStrop ad.

-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 5 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Anchovie666, CDinVT, GAW9576, RobinK, Rocketman
Like Reply

Speaking of which.
The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Anchovie666, CDinVT, RobinK, Whiterook
Like Reply
GAW9576 dateline='[url=tel:1708029742' Wrote: 1708029742[/url]']

Speaking of which.

WW1 ‘Property U.S. Army’ = sweeeet! That is a terrific one to have! And the 1914 is a lovely kit too! 

Ahhhhhh…….. Razors……. So beeeeutiful.

Here are the civilian versions of your ‘New Military Set’

The Pocket Kit - named in 1919 after the war until May 1921 when they stopped including a mirror and listed a similar version sold as the No. 16 Pocket Set. The black leather outfit has a Valet C in it and the khaki is a silver plated Auto Strop B.

Rocketman - a simple Pogonaut in search of the ultimate destubbilization system. 
The following 4 users Like Rocketman's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576, RobinK, Whiterook
Like Reply
Whiterook dateline='[url=tel:1708020965' Wrote: 1708020965[/url]']
Rocketman dateline='[url=tel:1707972346' Wrote: 1707972346[/url]']
This was an unexpected photo coming across a WW2 UK military field kit with a Valet Razor. I guess there was no worry about needing blades. I haven’t thought of this razor as a second WW razor before. Do now! 

It made made sense, especially when blade supply was unreliable.  Here is my favorite AutoStrop ad.

$5.00 - “probably be your total shaving expense for years.” Those sweet talkers eh? I think I was promised years ago too if I just used razor blades over carts I would save a bundle. Hasn’t exactly happened for me. Because I want All the razors!  Confused. Great Ad!
The following 3 users Like Rocketman's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply
(02-15-2024, 09:04 PM)Rocketman Wrote:
GAW9576 dateline='[url=tel:1708029742' Wrote: 1708029742[/url]']

Speaking of which.

WW1 ‘Property U.S. Army’ = sweeeet! That is a terrific one to have! And the 1914 is a lovely kit too! 

Ahhhhhh…….. Razors……. So beeeeutiful.

Here are the civilian versions of your ‘New Military Set’

The Pocket Kit - named in 1919 after the war until May 1921 when they stopped including a mirror and listed a similar version sold as the No. 16 Pocket Set. The black leather outfit has a Valet C in it and the khaki is a silver plated Auto Strop B.

Thank you. Both are art of a recent acquisition. You'll have to check the acquisition thread across the street to see it. I posted pictures of the entire group but there are a lot of unmeasurable razors. It would take a long time to edit all the pictures to be acceptable here.

(02-15-2024, 09:07 PM)Rocketman Wrote:
Whiterook dateline='[url=tel:1708020965' Wrote: 1708020965[/url]']
Rocketman dateline='[url=tel:1707972346' Wrote: 1707972346[/url]']

$5.00 - “probably be your total shaving expense for years.” Those sweet talkers eh? I think I was promised years ago too if I just used razor blades over carts I would save a bundle. Hasn’t exactly happened for me. Because I want All the razors!  Confused. Great Ad!

Yes but think of how much you would have spent on trow away stuff. And you still have the razors you have collected and they have value. Probably more value than you bought them for. It's a hobby and an investment.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • CDinVT, Whiterook
Like Reply
I also have a Valet autostrop in a military set. They are just neat razors!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Rocketman, Whiterook
Like Reply
Guess the razor? Can’t stop you guys from clamouring for the solution! Oh wait. No clamouring. 
 Oh well. Did a test photo. Yep thats it.

British V4 

The following 6 users Like Rocketman's post:
  • Anchovie666, CDinVT, GAW9576, RobinK, Wchnu, Whiterook
Like Reply
Great pictures here guys!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Rocketman
Like Reply