Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Clan of Catchers.
I had a great shave with my oldest SE. This Kampfe Star Lather catcher is a great razor and I love the way this bullet casing handle looks and feels on this razor. The casing is from the honor guard at my Grandfathers funeral. An unmentionable witch has a picture of a rifle on it was also involved. I figured it was a fitting combination.

[Image: 20200601-214526-HDR-2.jpg]
The following 10 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Bird Lives, Bryan_D, Droo78, Flintstone, Grassy, ischiapp, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin
Like Reply
[Image: sod200607.jpg]
It is Lather Catcher Sunday once more.
[Image: cws.png]
Cold Water Rinse
Proraso Sandalwood
Jayaruh #340 Badger
Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
GEM Blue Star SE
CWR
Cella ASB

6-7-67: On this date in 1967, I entered the U.S. Army as a Private Recruit. I did three years, and I am glad to have done it.

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #340 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher with a GEM Blue Star SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 5 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, GAW9576, ischiapp, Tony'schin
Like Reply
[Image: sod200614.jpg]
Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave

Cold Water Rinse
Archaic Alchemy Eureka Shaving Soap
Jayaruh #313 Badger
1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher
GEM Blue Star SE
CWR
Granddad's Blend AS

The Archaic Alchemy Eureka Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #313 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher with a GEM Blue Star SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576, mayer57619, Tony'schin
Like Reply
I used my 1913ish ER on Wednesday. Just an outstanding razor!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(06-21-2020, 01:09 PM)Wchnu Wrote: I used my 1913ish ER on Wednesday. Just an outstanding razor!

I don't know. Without a picture I'm not sure weather to believe you or not.
Like Reply

I posted a video and pic elsewhere. But good point. Without pics it did not happen!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 4 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(06-21-2020, 01:59 PM)Wchnu Wrote: I posted a video and pic elsewhere. But good point. Without pics it did not happen!!

I actually just saw the video after commenting here.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Wchnu
Like Reply
[Image: sod200621.jpg]
Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave

Cold Water Rinse
Col. Conk Amber
Jayaruh #1
Superior Lather Catcher
GEM Blue Star SE
CWR
Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Col. Conk Amber face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #1 Badger Brush. I used my 3d printed adapter to jack up the blade and did two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher with a GEM Blue Star SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
The following 5 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, GAW9576, ischiapp, Tony'schin
Like Reply
It will be a late shave for me. I was just getting ready to lather up when my wife said we had to leave for her Dad's house. Rather than a rushed shave I decided to postpone till we get home. I will be using my Henckels.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-21-2020, 04:27 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: It will be a late shave for me. I was just getting ready to lather up when my wife said we had to leave for her Dad's house. Rather than a rushed shave I decided to postpone till we get home. I will be using my Henckels.
Family first. Have a great day. Love the Henckels.
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply