Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 2024
ischiapp dateline='[url=tel:1711553805' Wrote: 1711553805[/url]']
New toy ...

Is that boar or a synthetic? Lovely handle.
Rocketman - a simple Pogonaut in search of the ultimate destubbilization system. 
The following 3 users Like Rocketman's post:
  • GAW9576, ischiapp, Wchnu
Like Reply
Another Empire Set.  Should clean up nicely.  $10.50 and Shipping was a steal.  

The following 3 users Like Anchovie666's post:
  • GAW9576, Rocketman, Whiterook
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 03:54 PM)Anchovie666 Wrote: Another Empire Set.  Should clean up nicely.  $10.50 and Shipping was a steal.  

Yup, you stole that one! Congrats!
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Anchovie666, GAW9576
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 03:54 PM)Anchovie666 Wrote: Another Empire Set.  Should clean up nicely.  $10.50 and Shipping was a steal.  

You stole a beautiful one!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply

(03-28-2024, 12:03 AM)Rocketman Wrote: Is that boar or a synthetic? Lovely handle.

Boar bristle. A new kind ... maybe.
https://oumoshavingbrush.com/products/ch...brush-knot

Thanks.
Heart
Where there is a great desire there can be no great difficulty - Machiavelli & Me
Greetings from Ischia. Pierpaolo
https://ischiapp.blogspot.com/
The following 2 users Like ischiapp's post:
  • GAW9576, Rocketman
Like Reply

These three incredible brushes came in the mail today. The Ever-Ready is a restoration and re-knot. The finish quality is absolutely beautiful. The other two are Rubberset resto-mods. They both had cracked ferrules but Freddie Payne came up with this idea for saving brushes like this. He makes these BEAUTIFUL custom metal ferrules and refinishes the handles. He even custom blended the stain on the wood handle to get the color I wanted. He absolutely nailed the color I had in mind. I have admired Freddie's work for quite a while and am super excited to have several examples in my collection now. He was a pleasure to communicate with during the whole process of picking out the handles, ferrule materials and knots too. If you are looking for a restored or customized brush I would definitely recommend dropping him a message.
The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Anchovie666, CDinVT, ischiapp, Rocketman
Like Reply
(03-30-2024, 08:41 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: These three incredible brushes came in the mail today. The Ever-Ready is a restoration and re-knot. The finish quality is absolutely beautiful. The other two are Rubberset resto-mods. They both had cracked ferrules but Freddie Payne came up with this idea for saving brushes like this. He makes these BEAUTIFUL custom metal ferrules and refinishes the handles. He even custom blended the stain on the wood handle to get the color I wanted. He absolutely nailed the color I had in mind. I have admired Freddie's work for quite a while and am super excited to have several examples in my collection now. He was a pleasure to communicate with during the whole process of picking out the handles, ferrule materials and knots too. If you are looking for a restored or customized brush I would definitely recommend dropping him a message.

All of these are great looking. That Ever Ready is in a class all its own though.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Anchovie666, CDinVT, GAW9576
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 01:03 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 08:41 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: These three incredible brushes came in the mail today. The Ever-Ready is a restoration and re-knot. The finish quality is absolutely beautiful. The other two are Rubberset resto-mods. They both had cracked ferrules but Freddie Payne came up with this idea for saving brushes like this. He makes these BEAUTIFUL custom metal ferrules and refinishes the handles. He even custom blended the stain on the wood handle to get the color I wanted. He absolutely nailed the color I had in mind. I have admired Freddie's work for quite a while and am super excited to have several examples in my collection now. He was a pleasure to communicate with during the whole process of picking out the handles, ferrule materials and knots too. If you are looking for a restored or customized brush I would definitely recommend dropping him a message.

All of these are great looking. That Ever Ready is in a class all its own though.

No doubt. As soon as I saw it I wanted it. And that was before it was even restored. It has a Gelousy knot in it now.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Anchovie666, CDinVT, Wchnu
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 04:15 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 01:03 AM)Wchnu Wrote:

No doubt. As soon as I saw it I wanted it. And that was before it was even restored. It has a Gelousy knot in it now.
Veddy nice!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576
Like Reply