tost3
November 2021 Haul - Printable Version

+- tost3 (https://www.tost3.com)
+-- Forum: Gallery (https://www.tost3.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Catch of the day (https://www.tost3.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: November 2021 Haul (/showthread.php?tid=519)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

November 2021 Haul - srqshaver - 11-04-2021

I’ll start things off with a nice lot of GEMs, an Ever-Ready, and a possibly broken Schick. I had been looking for a MMOC and G-Bar. The others were more or less a bonus. The Shovehead is pretty nifty, even though the handle is way too short. The spring on the Schick must be bent because the lower plate is loose. I’m not sure if I can bend it back but I’m going to try. I had a very nice shave with the G-Bar. It’s comfortable and the angle is intuitive. I’m really enjoying trying out these razors!

RE: November 2021 Haul - TobyC - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 12:24 AM)srqshaver Wrote: I’ll start things off with a nice lot of GEMs, an Ever-Ready, and a possibly broken Schick. I had been looking for a MMOC and G-Bar. The others were more or less a bonus. The Shovehead is pretty nifty, even though the handle is way too short. The spring on the Schick must be bent because the lower plate is loose. I’m not sure if I can bend it back but I’m going to try. I had a very nice shave with the G-Bar. It’s comfortable and the angle is intuitive. I’m really enjoying trying out these razors!

I like the shorter handles, puts the center of mass closer to the head.

RE: November 2021 Haul - GAW9576 - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 12:24 AM)srqshaver Wrote: I’ll start things off with a nice lot of GEMs, an Ever-Ready, and a possibly broken Schick. I had been looking for a MMOC and G-Bar. The others were more or less a bonus. The Shovehead is pretty nifty, even though the handle is way too short. The spring on the Schick must be bent because the lower plate is loose. I’m not sure if I can bend it back but I’m going to try. I had a very nice shave with the G-Bar. It’s comfortable and the angle is intuitive. I’m really enjoying trying out these razors!

Great score. 
I have all those razors. Including the unmentionable partly visible to the far right. The Gem I have like the one to the left of the Schick is a particularly good shaver. Not sure why but it shaves a little different than my other 1912s.
And your MMOC looks to be in excellent shape.

RE: November 2021 Haul - srqshaver - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 01:32 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Great score. 
I have all those razors. Including the unmentionable partly visible to the far right. The Gem I have like the one to the left of the Schick is a particularly good shaver. Not sure why but it shaves a little different than my other 1912s.

Ha! I cropped as much as I could so as to not show the unmentionable but you caught me. I got lucky with this haul because it was a single seller on eBay who combined shipping costs so I ended up getting all six of those razors for less than $40. Shipping is usually a killer on the less expensive razors. I haven't tried the one you mentioned yet but will soon. I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience with it. The MMOC is in great shape. I may try to polish it but I kind of like a little patina so we'll see.

I also picked up a couple of Pushbuttons recently that I don't think I shared. They aren't heirloom quality but in very decent shape. I had a shave with the gold one and it was very enjoyable. Like I said, I'm really enjoying GEM razors!

RE: November 2021 Haul - GAW9576 - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 05:51 PM)srqshaver Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 01:32 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Great score. 

Ha! I cropped as much as I could so as to not show the unmentionable but you caught me. I got lucky with this haul because it was a single seller on eBay who combined shipping costs so I ended up getting all six of those razors for less than $40. Shipping is usually a killer on the less expensive razors. I haven't tried the one you mentioned yet but will soon. I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience with it. The MMOC is in great shape. I may try to polish it but I kind of like a little patina so we'll see.

I also picked up a couple of Pushbuttons recently that I don't think I shared. They aren't heirloom quality but in very decent shape. I had a shave with the gold one and it was very enjoyable. Like I said, I'm really enjoying GEM razors!

I think you did fine on the crop. I just happened to recognize the little bit of handle that is visible. At least I'm nearly positive it's what I think it is. Is it the unmentionable variation of the Schick.

The push button is also a great razor. I don't see as many of the silver ones as the gold. Nice score.

RE: November 2021 Haul - GAW9576 - 11-05-2021

I always throw desiccant packs in my razor storage drawer when I find them in packaging. Well today I saw a whole bunch in a display box for gloves at Home depot. I double checked with an employee to be sure it was okay if I took a bunch,he even gave me a bag with them in there were so many.

RE: November 2021 Haul - srqshaver - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 09:48 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I always throw desiccant packs in my razor storage drawer when I find them in packaging. Well today I saw a whole bunch in a display box for gloves at Home depot. I double checked with an employee to be sure it was okay if I took a bunch,he even gave me a bag with them in there were so many.

My wife saves these for me and I do the same thing. Seeing this makes me feel less obsessive.  Big Grin

RE: November 2021 Haul - GAW9576 - 11-06-2021

(11-05-2021, 10:10 PM)srqshaver Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 09:48 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I always throw desiccant packs in my razor storage drawer when I find them in packaging. Well today I saw a whole bunch in a display box for gloves at Home depot. I double checked with an employee to be sure it was okay if I took a bunch,he even gave me a bag with them in there were so many.

My wife saves these for me and I do the same thing. Seeing this makes me feel less obsessive.  Big Grin

Glad I could help in some way.

RE: November 2021 Haul - TobyC - 11-06-2021

(11-06-2021, 01:06 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 10:10 PM)srqshaver Wrote: My wife saves these for me and I do the same thing. Seeing this makes me feel less obsessive.  Big Grin

Glad I could help in some way.

They only work for a short period of time and only if sealed in something.

You can get some from Amazon pretty cheap that change color when they are full, then you microwave them for two minutes to make them good again and change the color back.

RE: November 2021 Haul - Dave in KY - 11-09-2021

It cost more than $1.99 but reasonable at least.