Jayaruh #1 Gets Refreshed
When I took the pictures for this weeks shaves, I noticed that my Jayaruh #1 badger brush had suffered wear over the past five years, so I decided to give it a refresh. This was my first hand-made brush I had done. This was done without a lathe and with just hand tools.
Here is the original picture I took after completing the brush in January of 2015. It was stained with walnut stain and finished with Polyurethane satin finish.
![[Image: JR%25231.jpg]](https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GOVdbBL0myY/XuePn2QANXI/AAAAAAACKVI/kWex2wVf11oUFt5u_dXMlYuMghYxCi6bACNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/JR%25231.jpg)
Here it is a few days ago when I took my pictures for the week. You can see the worn area around the top. I restained that area and gave the handle two coats of Winmax Polycrylic semi-gloss finish.
![[Image: sod200621.JPG]](https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ifMu-gBnQrk/XuePn_wUDHI/AAAAAAACKVM/2qltx2YcGGg1ENdEflLTUK_tW2DyW1WDQCNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/sod200621.JPG)
Here it is after its refresh. This should do for many years.
When I took the pictures for this weeks shaves, I noticed that my Jayaruh #1 badger brush had suffered wear over the past five years, so I decided to give it a refresh. This was my first hand-made brush I had done. This was done without a lathe and with just hand tools.
Here is the original picture I took after completing the brush in January of 2015. It was stained with walnut stain and finished with Polyurethane satin finish.
![[Image: JR%25231.jpg]](https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GOVdbBL0myY/XuePn2QANXI/AAAAAAACKVI/kWex2wVf11oUFt5u_dXMlYuMghYxCi6bACNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/JR%25231.jpg)
Here it is a few days ago when I took my pictures for the week. You can see the worn area around the top. I restained that area and gave the handle two coats of Winmax Polycrylic semi-gloss finish.
Here it is after its refresh. This should do for many years.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..."
The Jayaruh Brushes - The Clan of Catchers
The Jayaruh Brushes - The Clan of Catchers

