Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Colognes ?
Terre D'Hermes, Penhaligon's (Endymion,Opus 1870,Sartorial) BVLGARI Man in Black, I could keep going but will stop. Just picked up an Avon from Russia as Avon is still a big thing apparently in Europe.

Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Creed royal Mayfair(clone by paa), phoenix artisan big shave east and meleg perfumes civet cat chypre are three of my favorites. Honorable mentions include monsieur musk, obsession, dark obsession, phoenix artisan sangre de Drago.
The following 1 user Likes kyle3rv's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Fancy guys!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, kyle3rv
Like Reply
(03-02-2021, 05:05 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 12:17 AM)Ordinaryshaver Wrote: Lots of folks out here thanks to Old Spice.
I tend to stick with that one, or some more of the classics.
Davidoff cool water, Nautica, Polo, and of course Stetson.

Yup Stetson...gotta have that one in aftershave and cologne.
I see....so you actually do use cologne....hmm...do I detect a possible closet 'fancy guy' around here somewhere? LMAO!
"Music is my Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle to No One"-Duke Ellington
"To Be or Not To Bop"-Dizzy Gillespie
The following 1 user Likes Bird Lives's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Last time I was in Vegas I dropped by the Guerlain Boutique looking for some Jicky EdP, but it turns out thats only available in Paris and London...they have the EdT but that only lasts like 15mins...I'm not paying $100 bucks for something that doesn't last as long as after shave...lol

Opps gotta run...story will con't..

I'm back....
Sooo, they don't sell Jicky EdP in the US but they had Habit Rouge EdT so I got that and I dig it....

Now 3 years later I picked up Jicky EdP at the Guerlain Boutique in London...Man, it's like something from a Bond movie or Get Smart. At the counter when you say Jicky they take to a private room...Then they have like a vault with the Jicky EdP in it. They have a process to open it that involves more than one person...like getting into a lockbox at a Swiss Bank...and  then your Jicky makes the scene. This private room is very private and very fancy. Like some movie set imagined for royal events.

I don't know why the intrigue...but this perfume is very special, and although it's called the first real unisex perfume. I see nothing feminine about it. It's kinda barber shop up front with a powdery lavender vanilla...dreamlike, and it also smells like clean skin, in a musky good way. I love this stuff. Sometimes , I like to sprey my wrist and relax and just smell it. It's like listening to an album where you like to hear the whole album. The olfactory power makes you think of things and memories. And as the scent changes it tells a story. And Jicky has been in production since 1889 and Man does it have a story to tell. When I first used it I said, "This must be what Heaven smells like" in another post I'll get in to what this juice actually smells like.

Later I'll report on 2 other Great story tellers for me, Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Habit Rouge EdT.

Share with us, your favourite scents and scent stories.

Til then Ciao for now...
The following 2 users Like Bird Lives's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
While Guerlain Jicky is my favourite high dollar scent trip...this is my actual favourite daily go-to, my Signature Scent if you will...

My signature scent reminds me of my Pop: after a shave, splash with Clubman Musk and then do my clean up pass...then finish with Old Spice.. Thats my signature scent...that combo.
And later in the day if I walk back into my master bath, I feel for an instant that Dad was here...it leaves that olfactory response.

There is nothing like a scent that can really take you back to a time or place...faster and stronger than a picture or even video.
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(12-09-2022, 09:29 AM)Bird Lives Wrote: While Guerlain Jicky is my favourite high dollar scent trip...this is my actual favourite daily go-to, my Signature Scent if you will...

My signature scent reminds me of my Pop: after a shave, splash with Clubman Musk and then do my clean up pass...then finish with Old Spice.. Thats my signature scent...that combo.
And later in the day if I walk back into my master bath, I feel for an instant that Dad was here...it leaves that olfactory response.

There is nothing like a scent that can really take you back to a time or place...faster and stronger than a picture or even video.

I get what you mean about scent bringing back memories. I've never tried the alone but Tabac soap always reminds me of the scent of my Grandparents bathroom. Not sure if it was one of my Grandpas colognes or the fancy soaps my Grandmother always had. Either way Tabac always reminds me of staying the night at there house. Lots of good memories there. Actually even just writing this I can faintly smell it.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Bird Lives
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 02:18 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 09:29 AM)Bird Lives Wrote: While Guerlain Jicky is my favourite high dollar scent trip...this is my actual favourite daily go-to, my Signature Scent if you will...

I get what you mean about scent bringing back memories. I've never tried the alone but Tabac soap always reminds me of the scent of my Grandparents bathroom. Not sure if it was one of my Grandpas colognes or the fancy soaps my Grandmother always had. Either way Tabac always reminds me of staying the night at there house. Lots of good memories there. Actually even just writing this I can faintly smell it.
The following 1 user Likes Bird Lives's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 10:18 AM)Bird Lives Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 02:18 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:

I hear you GAW-SOME! And I dig it! If a simple thing like shave soap or an After Shave can bring back such good memories so vividly...well that's priceless in my book.
  • GAW9576, Wchnu
Like Reply