Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yaqi synthetics - not so satisfied...
Yesterday I've got mail call - a Yaqi Tuxedo synthetic 24mm brush. Since the brush is nice itself, today I decided to try it. I never used synthetic brushes till now and was curious, reading so many comments and reviews how great are they.

I've got good lather with hungarian barbon cream, can't complain about that, but still prefer my cheap pure badger brush. I simply can't understand the fuss about synthetics. 2 things I realized from shave :

1) the brush was too soft and sprayed lather all around when I create lather from cream (face lather)

2) the lather was good, but not that thick as from my badger (I use mostly cheap pure badger brushes like Shea moisture and VDH, lately Bevel). I much prefer also feeling of exfoliating on my skin from pure badgers.

What are your opinions about synthetics vs badgers? Thanks !
Lolita Haze: Do you always have to shave twice a day?
Humbert Humbert: Yes, of course, because all the best people shave twice a day (from the film Lolita (1962))
The following 1 user Likes Z-2's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
I thought I was going to get on the synthetic band wagon. But I can’t. I have several and can use them. None do as good as my natural brushes.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 5 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, mayer57619, mrconklin, Tony'schin, Z-2
Like Reply
Me too, I am strictly pure badger fan Smile
Lolita Haze: Do you always have to shave twice a day?
Humbert Humbert: Yes, of course, because all the best people shave twice a day (from the film Lolita (1962))
The following 2 users Like Z-2's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
I have several good synthetics, but I love good big boars the most, then horse, then badger, and lastly synthetics. I have several expensive badgers and they are lucky to get used 3 times a year.
The following 2 users Like mlb 549's post:
  • GAW9576, Z-2
Like Reply
Badgers, Synthetics and Boars, oh my!!!  I'm not sure if the Wizard of Oz reference made it to everyone, but the net net for me is I just don't have a very discerning face....I've used everything but a horse (just haven't gotten around to one yet), and they all work perfectly fine for me.  I do prefer boars for hard-soaps (e.g., Williams and other pucks), synthetics for creams, and badgers for croaps (cream-soaps)....but there are no hard-and-fast rules.
The following 2 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576, Z-2
Like Reply