Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schick Injectors for Dummies
(06-03-2021, 04:17 PM)luv2shave Wrote: The triple milled Fine Fresh Vetiver - old discontinued series. Picked up a few pucks online during Black Friday at West Coast Shaving. Nice soap and scent.
Gem Jr. G3 set with Gem PTFE blade (2)
Yaqi 24mm best badger fan knot
[Image: 20210603-213327.jpg]

(06-04-2021, 02:50 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: My head spins whenever I read the model descriptions.Anyone know what Injector I need to make a handle for as I can't decipher the different models ?  

I believe Jayaruh made a beautiful wooden handle for one. Maybe he can help. Alternatively I have been wanting to give a handle like that a try.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, luv2shave, mayer57619
Like Reply
This thread was really helpful when I first started trying to learn the different Schick Injector models. Thanks Dave for showing what the ferrule looks like ,and that there is a tang . I always though they were crimped on to the handle. I will be looking for a one with a broke handle .I have 4, 3 to 5 inch thick slabs of a trunk section of small black walnut tree that been dry for about 8 years . I've got a chunk from one of the slabs I was going to use for a single piece revolver grip It has some awesome grain pattern in it it. It would make a awesome handles For a some broke Schick injectors.

The following 3 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-17-2022, 01:18 PM)CDinVT Wrote: This thread was really helpful when I first started trying to learn the different Schick Injector models. Thanks Dave for showing what the ferrule looks like ,and that there is a tang . I always though they were crimped on to the handle. I will be looking for a one with a broke handle .I have 4, 3 to 5 inch thick slabs of a trunk section of small black walnut tree that been dry for about 8 years . I've got a chunk from one of the slabs I was going to use for a single piece revolver grip It has some awesome grain pattern in it it. It would make a awesome handles For a some broke Schick injectors.

There was a certain model of Schick type G. that had handles that were prone to shrinking. I've seen lots of those out there. Hope you find a good deal on one. I'd love to see the handle you make with that walnut.
  • CDinVT, Dave in KY, Whiterook
Like Reply
(06-17-2022, 01:18 PM)CDinVT Wrote: This thread was really helpful when I first started trying to learn the different Schick Injector models. Thanks Dave for showing what the ferrule looks like ,and that there is a tang . I always though they were crimped on to the handle. I will be looking for a one with a broke handle .I have 4, 3 to 5 inch thick slabs of a trunk section of small black walnut tree that been dry for about 8 years . I've got a chunk from one of the slabs I was going to use for a single piece revolver grip It has some awesome grain pattern in it it. It would make a awesome handles For a some broke Schick injectors.
I've been lazy and not made the ones I intended to yet. Actually more life getting in the way than lazy but Greg has done some amazing ones as well as Jim. If you poke around I'm sure you'll see there beautiful work in the thread somewhere. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Are you going to do your own design or mimic the original shape?
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576
Like Reply

I have made many handles for Schicks. Here are some examples.
[Image: IMG_9191.JPG]
[Image: IMG_8959.JPG]

https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2017/09/n...chick.html
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CDinVT, CrustyCat, GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply
I'm not sure yet , I like the original design I also like the handle design on the G8 I think the wood will dictate it because that black walnut is very hard . When I was cutting that chunk off a couple years ago with my band saw and broke a new blade ended up having to use a Sawzall.
The following 2 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
Here are the two I've made. 

• CarlfromMO, CDinVT, Jayaruh
Like Reply
Wow those are some gorgeous razors Jayaruh, and GAW9576. I got a heck of deal on a type G8 today for 5 $ shipped .If the handle is bad it will get a new walnut one. If its good well then I got a nice type g8 cheap , I don't have any type G yet .
The following 2 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-18-2022, 02:28 AM)CDinVT Wrote: Wow those are some gorgeous razors Jayaruh, and GAW9576. I got a heck of deal on a type G8 today for 5 $ shipped .If the handle is bad it will get a new walnut one. If its good well then I got a nice type g8 cheap , I don't have any type G yet .

Thanks. 
That awesome. Fingers crossed that the handle isn't good. I can't believe I hope the handle is bad Big Grin

BTW to tag someone just put an @ before their user name with no space between. And if they have a space in their user name then put it in "quotations"  I think the @ then " " around their name.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • CDinVT
Like Reply
(06-18-2022, 02:28 AM)CDinVT Wrote: Wow those are some gorgeous razors Jayaruh, and GAW9576. I got a heck of deal on a type G8 today for 5 $ shipped .If the handle is bad it will get a new walnut one. If its good well then I got a nice type g8 cheap , I don't have any type G yet .

Thanks. I made a handle for a G1 for a guy in England about 3 1/2 years ago.

https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2018/11/n...ck-g1.html
Before
[Image: IMG_9182.JPG]

After
[Image: IMG_9191.JPG]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CDinVT, CrustyCat, GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply