Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schick Injectors for Dummies
I made a prototype out of soft pine just to test the waters. It is with the original handle design off my e2's dimensions but with simple horizonal and vertical cut checkering that I did by eye and a very sharp mora knife it looks like dung. I should have laid the line 1/16th apart with a ruler. I sanded it with 60 , 150 grit  then stained with minwax gunstock stain and 2 coats of oil based gloss poly. With the walnut I'm going with the e2's dimensions, smooth with no bevel cuts just the sharp edges taken off no stain sanded to 220 grit not sure about finish yet .With gunstocks I normally do multiple coats boiled linseed oil with a last 2 coat of Danish oil .The prototype will make a nice key Ring fob 

The following 5 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • Dave in KY (06-19-2022), GAW9576 (06-20-2022), Jayaruh (06-20-2022), Wchnu (06-27-2022), Whiterook (06-19-2022)
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 10:50 PM)CDinVT Wrote: I made a prototype out of soft pine just to test the waters. It is with the original handle design off my e2's dimensions but with simple horizonal and vertical cut checkering that I did by eye and a very sharp mora knife it looks like dung. I should have laid the line 1/16th apart with a ruler. I sanded it with 60 , 150 grit  then stained with minwax gunstock stain and 2 coats of oil based gloss poly. With the walnut I'm going with the e2's dimensions, smooth with no bevel cuts just the sharp edges taken off no stain sanded to 220 grit not sure about finish yet .With gunstocks I normally do multiple coats boiled linseed oil with a last 2 coat of Danish oil .The prototype will make a nice key Ring fob 

Cool.
[Image: byeye.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CDinVT (06-21-2022), GAW9576 (06-20-2022)
Like Reply
(06-19-2022, 10:50 PM)CDinVT Wrote: I made a prototype out of soft pine just to test the waters. It is with the original handle design off my e2's dimensions but with simple horizonal and vertical cut checkering that I did by eye and a very sharp mora knife it looks like dung. I should have laid the line 1/16th apart with a ruler. I sanded it with 60 , 150 grit  then stained with minwax gunstock stain and 2 coats of oil based gloss poly. With the walnut I'm going with the e2's dimensions, smooth with no bevel cuts just the sharp edges taken off no stain sanded to 220 grit not sure about finish yet .With gunstocks I normally do multiple coats boiled linseed oil with a last 2 coat of Danish oil .The prototype will make a nice key Ring fob 

(06-20-2022, 06:26 PM)Jayaruh Wrote:

Cool.
[Image: byeye.jpg]

OH MY GOSH! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thank you, I needed that. BTW CDinVT I only feel comfortable laughing about it that much because you said yourself that it is a test and that it looks like dung.
Some proper gun stock diamond checking on the sides of a handle would be very interesting though. I wish I knew how to do that.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • CDinVT (06-21-2022), Jayaruh (06-21-2022)
Like Reply
Jayaruh LMAO  Smile   GAW9576 not My proudest Craftsmanship lol. pointed checkering would be awesome .Btw the Type G arrived , well the handle is in great shape and it cleaned up nice so I'm still on the hunt .I'm going to try truing that walnut block this weekend on the table saw and then cutting the slabs 11/16th thick .
The following 2 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-21-2022), Jayaruh (06-21-2022)
Like Reply
(06-21-2022, 06:12 PM)CDinVT Wrote: Jayaruh LMAO  Smile   GAW9576 not My proudest Craftsmanship lol. pointed checkering would be awesome .Btw the Type G arrived , well the handle is in great shape and it cleaned up nice so I'm still on the hunt .I'm going to try truing that walnut block this weekend on the table saw and then cutting the slabs 11/16th thick .

It's almost a shame the g had a good handle. But this does give you an excellent excuse to buy another razor Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • CDinVT (06-22-2022)
Like Reply
I got walnut block cut up . I Got some nice pieces out of the block .Cut the blocks long so I can try either pattern of handle. Also got cedar blocks as well . Thank you to GAW9576 for turning me in the direction of type G with a cracked handle. Will Be my last post in " Schick Injectors for Dummies" on this project .I will start a new thread ,as not to flood this very knowledgeable thread .

The following 3 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • GAW9576 (06-27-2022), Jayaruh (06-27-2022), Whiterook (06-27-2022)
Like Reply
(06-27-2022, 04:56 PM)CDinVT Wrote: I got walnut block cut up . I Got some nice pieces out of the block .Cut the blocks long so I can try either pattern of handle. Also got cedar blocks as well . Thank you to GAW9576 for turning me in the direction of type G with a cracked handle. Will Be my last post in " Schick Injectors for Dummies" on this project .I will start a new thread ,as not to flood this very knowledgeable thread .

Glad I could help. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Like Reply
I got this Schick G1 from Arthur in England and made him a new walnut handle.
Whole story here.
[Image: IMG_9182.JPG]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CDinVT (06-29-2022), GAW9576 (06-28-2022)
Like Reply