Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Time and Place for “Aggressive” Razors
(08-10-2021, 06:48 PM)TobyC Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 07:34 PM)Wchnu Wrote: I also prefer more aggressive feeling razors. I get just as good results with mild razors and medium razors too. I just very much prefer the feeling of a wide open blade!

Where are the people in this and other threads, who ran them off? Or were they all kicked to the curb like I was?

People got busy with kung flu and things. Hopefully some will find their way back.
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
George S. Patton
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • TobyC (08-11-2021)
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 04:50 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 05:05 PM)Twelvefret Wrote: I know this is an older thread, but I felt the need to post regarding my experience with an E Type Schick Injector from the mid '30's. I find for me this to be an aggressive razor with a new blade as much as any. While my first love is the BMMOC or MMOC, the Schick will draw blood quicker for me than the GEM. Perhaps I am not as cautious. 

And, when shaving around the nose and nostrils, the Schick just fits into those spaces better. It can also draw blood in those same spaces...LOL!!

The E3 I use is midline aggressive feeling. I have a E2 that is full on better watch it. Razors of the same model can feel different. No idea why.

The first one I found came in a case. It had been flattened so that I had to hold it horizontal to work well. At that time I didn't know the angle was not correct. Upon receiving a second one, I immediately noticed the angle was different. So, what I am suggesting, it's the angle that's important in rendering a good shave. 

Have you checked the angle on the one's you've found? Are the the same?
Like Reply
I can not see any difference in the angle. Both give great shaves. One is just more blade feelish.
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
George S. Patton
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • Twelvefret (09-17-2021)
Like Reply