Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Semogue
I am really impressed. On 31st December last year I've got my first Semogue Torga C3 boar brush. As I understand knot is similar (or same) like Semogue 620, just different handle.

I wanted from long time brush from this brand, so, I am more than happy Smile

[Image: 20210102-232658.jpg]

I also got a Captain's choice ceramic bowl. I never used bowl till now (15 years of face lathering), but I am impressed of it.  Unfortunately I get better lather with gels, than soaps. Any thoughts?

[Image: 20210105-185504.jpg]
Lolita Haze: Do you always have to shave twice a day?
Humbert Humbert: Yes, of course, because all the best people shave twice a day (from the film Lolita (1962))
The following 4 users Like Z-2's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mayer57619, mlb 549
Like Reply
Semogue makes a nice brush.

Just a little history... not all that many years ago one had to "break in" a new boar brush. There were different ways of doing this and over time the brush developed the split ends that was desired for the brush to get really good. Before that day occurred they really weren't all that great; usable but not great. But after the split ends developed, I can clearly recall the event, and one would realize just how good the brush had become. I would just use the brush to break it in and when I had a chance during the day I'd hand lather the brush after letting it dry. For me, after about a month there was that "Eureka!" moment when I realized just how good the brush had become.

I haven't bought a boar in years but there was a defining time years ago when it was quite noticeable that one would buy a new Semogue boar and in one use the split ends were there. No more break in required.
The following 4 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576, mayer57619, mlb 549, Z-2
Like Reply
Congrats on the new gear -- I haven't tried a Semogue yet, but it sounds (and looks) great!
The following 2 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576, Z-2
Like Reply
Nice brush, Z-2. Enjoy.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, mlb 549, Z-2
Like Reply
I love a Semogue brush! You just need to say no to the bowl lather though. ? That brush is sure to keep getting better with use!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Z-2
Like Reply
(01-10-2021, 07:05 PM)Wchnu Wrote: I love a Semogue brush!  You just need to say no to the bowl lather though. ? That brush is sure to keep getting better with use!!

I'll never give up my bowls and scuttles!!!!!!!!!!!  Have some of them for over 30 years.
The following 2 users Like mlb 549's post:
  • GAW9576, Wchnu
Like Reply