Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supply Provision Injector
(02-16-2022, 01:18 AM)Whiterook Wrote: I am waiting until June,  when I can order just the baseplate, which is supposed to fit my v2.

I was going to do that, but I decided to jump in when I could get the whole razor for $49. If I don't like it or if it is too mild, I can return it for a full refund.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
  Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
  Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

It looks like setting 4.5 is the sweet spot for me with this blade.
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 4 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, MaineYooper
Like Reply
(02-16-2022, 06:46 PM)Whiterook Wrote: Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:

It looks like setting 4.5 is the sweet spot for me with this blade.

I may have missed this, but what do you think of or how do you compare the black label blades to sChick blades. I am on the fence about ordering some, and given YMMV I probably should just do it! Love my Schick/injectors, and am on the fence on this Pro as well. Oh the woes of #1stworldproblems!!
The following 3 users Like MaineYooper's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, twhite
Like Reply
I am very impressed with the razor. The blade/razor combination give me really close and comfortable shaves. I don't have enough shaves in to know if they last as long as a chick.
-----
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
As far as I know, the SE is the first injector razor to have a comb on the guard.  Some of the Schick Magazine Repeaters had combed guards, but they were not injectors.  Supply now sell the new SE closed comb base plate separately.  My v2.0 is the original stainless steel model with a matte black PVD coating, so I purchased the black SE baseplate.  The plate fits my razor perfectly and seats snugly.    My razor is quite a bit heavier than the newer models, so I expect that affects the shave.  I have a lot of razors and I use a different one nearly everyday, so it is difficult for me to make comparisons.  My razor already had a Schick blade installed with only five shaves, so I decided to keep that blade in the razor.

Tabac lathers into a thick, rich cream and fills the room with that distinctive scent.  The Simpson Commodore X2 pairs nicely with this soap.  The razor gave no blade feel, but it did cut down the stubble on my face and neck.  I shave daily, so it was just 24 hours of growth.  After my usual three passes, and with just a little extra attention to trouble spots, I ended with a DFS.  This razor is comparable to the Schick L1 in performance.  I think it will be great for head shaves and plan to give it a try at that.  If you have a Suppy V2 and found it overly aggressive or that it bites, you should try this plate.

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless + SE plate, matte black
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:

-----
The following 4 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, Tony'schin, Wchnu
Like Reply
(03-24-2022, 05:42 PM)Whiterook Wrote: As far as I know, the SE is the first injector razor to have a comb on the guard.  Some of the Schick Magazine Repeaters had combed guards, but they were not injectors.  Supply now sell the new SE closed comb base plate separately.  My v2.0 is the original stainless steel model with a matte black PVD coating, so I purchased the black SE baseplate.  The plate fits my razor perfectly and seats snugly.    My razor is quite a bit heavier than the newer models, so I expect that affects the shave.  I have a lot of razors and I use a different one nearly everyday, so it is difficult for me to make comparisons.  My razor already had a Schick blade installed with only five shaves, so I decided to keep that blade in the razor.

Tabac lathers into a thick, rich cream and fills the room with that distinctive scent.  The Simpson Commodore X2 pairs nicely with this soap.  The razor gave no blade feel, but it did cut down the stubble on my face and neck.  I shave daily, so it was just 24 hours of growth.  After my usual three passes, and with just a little extra attention to trouble spots, I ended with a DFS.  This razor is comparable to the Schick L1 in performance.  I think it will be great for head shaves and plan to give it a try at that.  If you have a Suppy V2 and found it overly aggressive or that it bites, you should try this plate.

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless + SE plate, matte black
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Open comb is awesome all the way around!!!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 4 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Hoser#99nein, Jayaruh, Whiterook
Like Reply
I have tried every Supply razor there was and sent every one back until the SE with it's open comb. I like it much more than the others. The shaves are effortless and close enough. I think that it's a hair lighter weight and that I added the silicone sleeve enhance the shave. I also like their black label blades, at least in this razor. Have not tried them in anything else.
The following 3 users Like mrconklin's post:
  • GAW9576, Hoser#99nein, Whiterook
Like Reply
The original stainless models weighed in at 110 grams. I thought that too heavy for an injector since most Schicks are light. The new models are down to 90 grams, if I remember correctly. My first shave with the SE plate wasn't that close, but recently mine has delivered some very fine shaves.
-----
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, Hoser#99nein
Like Reply
I really like my Supply SE. Now I don't need any of those other plates. I am getting great shaves with the SE. It is heavy for an injector though. I just checked. Mine is 94g with a blade and the silicone sleeve. I do like the sleeve though. I am glad I opted to get one.
[Image: SupplySE.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576, Hoser#99nein, Whiterook
Like Reply