Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raptor SE 3D Print by Roger Quintero
From the Triceratops...
https://www.tost3.com/showthread.php?tid=267

... an evolution.
A homage to the iconic Rapide / Wotan style.
Another clever design by SlimGem.

Raptor SE
[Image: 1hWNX0S.jpg]

Where there is a great desire there can be no great difficulty - Machiavelli & Me
Regards from Ischia, Pierpaolo
The following 3 users Like ischiapp's post:
  • GAW9576 (03-29-2021), Jayaruh (03-29-2021), SlimGem (03-29-2021)
Like Reply
Thanks Pierpaolo, VERY cool design and clamping of the blade with a screw in handle !!!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576 (03-29-2021), ischiapp (03-29-2021), SlimGem (03-29-2021)
Like Reply
(03-29-2021, 09:39 AM)ischiapp Wrote: From the Triceratops...
https://www.tost3.com/showthread.php?tid=267

... an evolution.
A homage to the iconic Rapide / Wotan style.
Another clever design by SlimGem.

Raptor SE
[Image: 1hWNX0S.jpg]

Very cool indeed.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 5 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576 (03-29-2021), ischiapp (03-29-2021), SlimGem (03-29-2021), Tony'schin (03-29-2021), twhite (03-29-2021)
Like Reply
Yes.
I love Roger's design.
It's so clever and natural.
I feel It almost organic.
KISS engineering at its best.
Where there is a great desire there can be no great difficulty - Machiavelli & Me
Regards from Ischia, Pierpaolo
The following 3 users Like ischiapp's post:
  • GAW9576 (03-29-2021), Jayaruh (03-29-2021), SlimGem (03-29-2021)
Like Reply
Very cool. Will it also hold an injector blade?
Like Reply
A GIANT "THANK YOU" to Roger. He contacted me yesterday and asked if I would print a Raptor out on my printer. I have a QIDI X-MAKER it is a small platform printer 160x160x160.
Anyhow after down loading and printing. I started with the head using Rogers suggested settings on print parameters. 1 hour later I had a printed head. Pulling it off of the table I right away notice how great the print looked. I straight away started the spring. While that was printing, I checked blade fitment in the head. The blade slid into the slot and lifted into the locators and butted up against the blade stops perfectly. There was no slop in the blade in its position.

12 minutes later the spring was done. I removed that and started the handle a full 3 hour print. At this point I set forth to put the spring into position. There was a very slight amount of flash from the table side I needed to trim. 20 seconds with my x-acto and I was good to go. I put the spring into position and after trying to push it in by hand for a few minutes. I went and got my Triceratops handle. then screwed the handle down and POP in the spring went. Just like downtown. using the Tri handle I installed a blade and checked everything out. Very stable and firm fit.

I called it the night and went inside until midnight to pull the correct handle off of the machine. Again the handle looks superb. Screwed it into the head for a perfect fit. I then went to bed. way past my bed time. As I wake up at 4:45 for work. I will post pictures later today and give a full shave report. I will have a full 4-1/2 days worth to deal with.

Roger, from what I see you have another fine razor on your hands. I am so impressed with your design skills. You can combine function with real beauty. As for printing it could not have been easier. your design takes into account printing needs and does this in spades.

Tom
Lost, If found do not return and do not feed.
The following 4 users Like twhite's post:
  • Dave in KY (03-30-2021), GAW9576 (03-30-2021), ischiapp (03-30-2021), SlimGem (03-30-2021)
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 01:27 PM)twhite Wrote: A GIANT "THANK YOU" to Roger. He contacted me yesterday and asked if I would print a Raptor out on my printer. I have a QIDI X-MAKER it is a small platform printer 160x160x160.
Anyhow after down loading and printing. I started with the head using Rogers suggested settings on print parameters. 1 hour later I had a printed head. Pulling it off of the table I right away notice how great the print looked. I straight away started the spring. While that was printing, I checked blade fitment in the head. The blade slid into the slot and lifted into the locators and butted up against the blade stops perfectly. There was no slop in the blade in its position.

12 minutes later the spring was done. I removed that and started the handle a full 3 hour print. At this point I set forth to put the spring into position. There was a very slight amount of flash from the table side I needed to trim. 20 seconds with my x-acto and I was good to go. I put the spring into position and after trying to push it in by hand for a few minutes. I went and got my Triceratops handle. then screwed the handle down and POP in the spring went. Just like downtown.  using the Tri handle I installed a blade and checked everything out. Very stable and firm fit.

I called it the night and went inside until midnight to pull the correct handle off of the machine. Again the handle looks superb. Screwed it into the head for a perfect fit. I then went to bed. way past my bed time. As I wake up at 4:45 for work. I will post pictures later today and give a full shave report. I will have a full 4-1/2 days worth to deal with.

Roger, from what I see you have another fine razor on your hands. I am so impressed with your design skills. You can combine function with real beauty. As for printing it could not have been easier. your design takes into account printing needs and does this in spades.

Tom

Tom, your write up has me craving one even more now .................
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576 (03-30-2021), SlimGem (03-30-2021)
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 01:56 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 01:27 PM)twhite Wrote: A GIANT "THANK YOU" to Roger. He contacted me yesterday and asked if I would print a Raptor out on my printer. I have a QIDI X-MAKER it is a small platform printer 160x160x160.

12 minutes later the spring was done. I removed that and started the handle a full 3 hour print. At this point I set forth to put the spring into position. There was a very slight amount of flash from the table side I needed to trim. 20 seconds with my x-acto and I was good to go. I put the spring into position and after trying to push it in by hand for a few minutes. I went and got my Triceratops handle. then screwed the handle down and POP in the spring went. Just like downtown.  using the Tri handle I installed a blade and checked everything out. Very stable and firm fit.

Tom

Tom, your write up has me craving one even more now .................

I am really looking forward to the shave tonight.
The following 5 users Like twhite's post:
  • Dave in KY (03-30-2021), GAW9576 (03-30-2021), ischiapp (03-30-2021), SlimGem (03-30-2021), Tony'schin (03-30-2021)
Like Reply
I am looking forward to your shave tonight, too, twhite.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY (03-30-2021), GAW9576 (03-30-2021), SlimGem (03-30-2021), twhite (03-30-2021)
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 05:26 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I am looking forward to your shave tonight, too, twhite.

Tabac Tuesday yippie 
The following 3 users Like twhite's post:
  • Dave in KY (03-30-2021), GAW9576 (03-30-2021), Jayaruh (03-30-2021)
Like Reply