Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raptor SE 3D Print by Roger Quintero
(03-30-2021, 01:27 PM)twhite Wrote: A GIANT "THANK YOU" to Roger. He contacted me yesterday and asked if I would print a Raptor out on my printer. I have a QIDI X-MAKER it is a small platform printer 160x160x160.
Anyhow after down loading and printing. I started with the head using Rogers suggested settings on print parameters. 1 hour later I had a printed head. Pulling it off of the table I right away notice how great the print looked. I straight away started the spring. While that was printing, I checked blade fitment in the head. The blade slid into the slot and lifted into the locators and butted up against the blade stops perfectly. There was no slop in the blade in its position.

12 minutes later the spring was done. I removed that and started the handle a full 3 hour print. At this point I set forth to put the spring into position. There was a very slight amount of flash from the table side I needed to trim. 20 seconds with my x-acto and I was good to go. I put the spring into position and after trying to push it in by hand for a few minutes. I went and got my Triceratops handle. then screwed the handle down and POP in the spring went. Just like downtown.  using the Tri handle I installed a blade and checked everything out. Very stable and firm fit.

I called it the night and went inside until midnight to pull the correct handle off of the machine. Again the handle looks superb. Screwed it into the head for a perfect fit. I then went to bed. way past my bed time. As I wake up at 4:45 for work. I will post pictures later today and give a full shave report. I will have a full 4-1/2 days worth to deal with.

Roger, from what I see you have another fine razor on your hands. I am so impressed with your design skills. You can combine function with real beauty. As for printing it could not have been easier. your design takes into account printing needs and does this in spades.

Tom
Nice write-up Tom. Thank you for the kind comments. And thank you again for taking the time to test the files on your printer.
The following 4 users Like SlimGem's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, ischiapp, twhite
Like Reply
Ok. Here is the report. You all know what razor. The Raptor. Blade CVS CS new. Tabac for soap and AS. I had a full 4 days worth to deal with. 

Initial first stroke impression. Keeping blade as flat as I could to my face. Very smooth indeed. I did notice not a lot of blade feel. Think Gem FW. I know after that first stroke. This is going to be a nice shave. So I overcame my urge to whip through the shave as of it were a FW. I took my time making deliberate strokes. First pass was an above average pass. 

Second pass went just as well. Third pass went on without a hitch. I had to do a few clean up strokes on my normal spots on my neck. In the old man creases. ZERO irritation and a solid DFS shave. 

On to things I noticed specifically about the razor. Very easy to load and un load. The clever clamping works great. An extremely maneuverable razor. Outstanding design simply a beautiful tool. I do not mention it being light weight as that goes without saying. This razor will please the majority of shavers for sure. Those looking for a bunch of blade feel. You won’t get that. 

Roger you definitely have a winner. Here is the shave setup. I will post some closeups shortly.

I forgot to mention that is rinses the lather out just fine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lost, If found do not return and do not feed.
The following 6 users Like twhite's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, ischiapp, Jayaruh, mayer57619, SlimGem
Like Reply
Great review, twhite. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Raptor, too.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, SlimGem
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 10:58 PM)twhite Wrote: Ok. Here is the report. You all know what razor. The Raptor. Blade CVS CS new. Tabac for soap and AS. I had a full 4 days worth to deal with. 

Initial first stroke impression. Keeping blade as flat as I could to my face. Very smooth indeed. I did notice not a lot of blade feel. Think Gem FW. I know after that first stroke. This is going to be a nice shave. So I overcame my urge to whip through the shave as of it were a FW. I took my time making deliberate strokes. First pass was an above average pass. 

Second pass went just as well. Third pass went on without a hitch. I had to do a few clean up strokes on my normal spots on my neck. In the old man creases. ZERO irritation and a solid DFS shave. 

On to things I noticed specifically about the razor. Very easy to load and un load. The clever clamping works great. An extremely maneuverable razor. Outstanding design simply a beautiful tool. I do not mention it being light weight as that goes without saying. This razor will please the majority of shavers for sure. Those looking for a bunch of blade feel. You won’t get that. 

Roger you definitely have a winner. Here is the shave setup. I will post some closeups shortly.

I forgot to mention that is rinses the lather out just fine.
Nice! Looks like the Raptor got the twhite seal of approval. The print quality looks great. I'm glad it worked out for you.
The following 5 users Like SlimGem's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, ischiapp, Jayaruh, twhite
Like Reply
Very happy how it printed.
Lost, If found do not return and do not feed.
The following 2 users Like twhite's post:
  • GAW9576, SlimGem
Like Reply
Looks awesome. I love my Henckels RapideHenckels Rapide so I'm excited to see a 3D printed razor modled after it.

Also twhite it looks like you got the picture posting issues worked out.  Smile
The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, SlimGem, twhite
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 10:58 PM)twhite Wrote: Outstanding design simply a beautiful tool.
+1

[Image: gF4ruSw.jpg]
Where there is a great desire there can be no great difficulty - Machiavelli & Me
Greetings from Ischia. Pierpaolo
https://ischiapp.blogspot.com/
The following 5 users Like ischiapp's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, SlimGem, twhite
Like Reply
Not bad looking at all.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 4 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, ischiapp, Jayaruh, SlimGem
Like Reply