Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 2021
(06-26-2021, 05:29 PM)Tony'schin Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 07:37 PM)Grassy Wrote: Yeah, I think that is basically the story. The first ones were way too mild and the V2 shortened the plate, still not an aggressive razor but much better. This one , I think, had the original baseplate which was sent to a honing guy who reduced it on the stones to give a much better shave. We shall see
Hi all, 
This is the V2 baselpate version with the larger drain holes, the SB was then reduced further to bring the blade forward. This razor is a wonderful shaver and just a touch more efficient than my Sabre L1.
Hope this helps,
T

Thanks for the clarification Tony.
It is a great smooth shave, two passes for a DFS. I was going to post in SOTD this morning but my pictures were rubbish. Anyway, very pleased to have it so thanks again
The following 2 users Like Grassy's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 05:29 PM)Tony'schin Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 07:37 PM)Grassy Wrote: Yeah, I think that is basically the story. The first ones were way too mild and the V2 shortened the plate, still not an aggressive razor but much better. This one , I think, had the original baseplate which was sent to a honing guy who reduced it on the stones to give a much better shave. We shall see
Hi all, 
This is the V2 baselpate version with the larger drain holes, the SB was then reduced further to bring the blade forward. This razor is a wonderful shaver and just a touch more efficient than my Sabre L1.
Hope this helps,
T

Hey, you posted, and not just SOTD stuff, cool! Wink
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 2 users Like TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 09:41 PM)TobyC Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 05:29 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: Hi all, 
Hope this helps,
T

Hey, you posted, and not just SOTD stuff, cool!  Wink

Quiet Lad me Toby Wink
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 2 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
Vintage prebarcode aqua velva set supposedly unused with ice blue, redwood and frost lime

The following 4 users Like kyle3rv's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC, twhite
Like Reply
(07-03-2021, 04:06 PM)kyle3rv Wrote: Vintage prebarcode aqua velva set supposedly unused with ice blue, redwood and frost lime

Nice score !
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, kyle3rv
Like Reply