Razor: Schick Fashion Injector
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Vintage Williams
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Williams Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1029

Many have used this Marketed for Women Schick Injector and humorously call it the Hussy. I've had it for awhile and finally got around to using it. I will say for the most part it was comfortable to hold except for just a couple times when the direction of my strokes caused me to need to hold the ends rather than the ribbed section. The shave itself was VERY comfortable and also efficient. I would say this gives one of the better injector shaves. Unfortunately the downside is the spring seems to be tweeked or weak in holding the blade firmly for the whole shave. I was on my 3rd pass ATG and was down to the final strokes when as I made a stroke I could here a tinny sound like something was loose. Upon taking a look at the razor I saw this........

I reinstalled the blade and it seemed okay to finish the last few ATG strokes. I can only assume the pressure, angle or both combined let the blade slip out due to the weak spring. Guess I'll try to correct it on this or hunt another less used model to keep. Hope all have a great Wednesday !
[size=1][/size]

Ah. No big deal keep shaving with the blade sticking out like that. It's actually an intended feature to help get into the hard to reach areas.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-01-2021, 04:23 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:00 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Wednesday September 1, 2021
Razor: Schick Fashion Injector
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Vintage Williams
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Williams Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1029

Many have used this Marketed for Women Schick Injector and humorously call it the Hussy. I've had it for awhile and finally got around to using it. I will say for the most part it was comfortable to hold except for just a couple times when the direction of my strokes caused me to need to hold the ends rather than the ribbed section. The shave itself was VERY comfortable and also efficient. I would say this gives one of the better injector shaves. Unfortunately the downside is the spring seems to be tweeked or weak in holding the blade firmly for the whole shave. I was on my 3rd pass ATG and was down to the final strokes when as I made a stroke I could here a tinny sound like something was loose. Upon taking a look at the razor I saw this........

I reinstalled the blade and it seemed okay to finish the last few ATG strokes. I can only assume the pressure, angle or both combined let the blade slip out due to the weak spring. Guess I'll try to correct it on this or hunt another less used model to keep. Hope all have a great Wednesday !

Ah. No big deal keep shaving with the blade sticking out like that. It's actually an intended feature to help get into the hard to reach areas.

It might create some even harder to shave areas!
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 2 users Like TobyC's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-01-2021, 12:52 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Probably doesn't show up well in the picture but the area to contact the blade is a good bit taller from contact with the blade area in the 2nd pic and side than the 1st. I know that is the side for the key to insert but the key should push the spring back and not effect the gap where the blade is held. That's the way I am seeing it and open to correction if I'm off on this.

Is there a gap when the blade is in there?
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Looks like it's not holding the blade at all.

• Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-01-2021, 05:30 PM)TobyC Wrote: Looks like it's not holding the blade at all.

I hold you responsible as it's the one you posted I should buy  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
I have a Hussie and a Deb, but I have never tried to shave with one. I did try that stubbie K version though. One day..
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-01-2021, 06:02 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 05:30 PM)TobyC Wrote: Looks like it's not holding the blade at all.

I hold you responsible as it's the one you posted I should buy  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I didn't say it actually worked!!! Big Grin

What can you do without killing it?
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
Does that rectangle cover a pair of nuts  Confused  that will allow you to remove that top part? Then you could gently reshape it in a vice with soft jaws or something.

• Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-02-2021, 12:51 AM)TobyC Wrote: Does that rectangle cover a pair of nuts  Confused  that will allow you to remove that top part? Then you could gently reshape it in a vice with soft jaws or something.

I was ahead of you but it will have to wait for another day. Allen key under there and yes the head spring was LOOSE

Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-02-2021, 01:11 AM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 12:51 AM)TobyC Wrote: Does that rectangle cover a pair of nuts  Confused  that will allow you to remove that top part? Then you could gently reshape it in a vice with soft jaws or something.

I was ahead of you but it will have to wait for another day. Allen key under there and yes the head spring was LOOSE

Oooo. Imaginethe possibilities for customization.
twhite did you know there were screws under there?
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY
Like Reply