Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A review of coffee and a loaf of bread
My only affiliation of the following product and company is as a full retail buyer of their product. Other than that I'm not connected to them in any way. When something is good I believe in letting folks know about it and when something is the pits I let folks know about that too.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker. In the AM I have a hot mug of faux Joe roasted grain beverage with half and half and half (Ha Ha! 1 1/2! Too funny. I'm leaving it.) and monk fruit extract to sweeten it. But every once in a while I want a pick me up during the day and that's when I want some caffeine. I recently discovered Ki Tu Super Coffee. They might have different flavors, but I have the mocha. It's clearly a keto beverage with 2 grams of net carbs and I have to tell you, it's absolutely delicious. It has MCT oil, 10 grams of protein, and did I mention delicious? Oh, and 200mg of caffeine.

Today I'm making another loaf of the King Arthur Flour low carb bread and I'm waiting for it to rise. Today in an effort to give it more flavor I used a bottle of wheat lager beer* as the liquid and 18 drops of wheat bread flavor from 1 on 1 flavors. It's the first time I've used this particular flavor... fingers crossed. Maybe I should have warmed the beer, it's taking forever to rise. 

The bread turned out good.

*Yes, I'm aware that it's giving it more carbs. But I sliced it extremely thin and got 19 slices and 2 ends that went to the dogs. The bread is good. What's a beer? 70 carbs? Lets use 100 carbs, and 20 slices. That's 5 carbs per slice and we're on the high side of the estimate. More than I would like but it's one way to give flavor to it. It's still a work in progress.
The following 3 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576 (07-05-2021), luv2shave (07-06-2021), Zykris (07-13-2021)
Like Reply
Ki Tu Super Coffee huh? That is already made right in a bottle. Not something that you make? More like an entergy drink looks like. But fits in with the keto as I read it.
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
George S. Patton
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576 (07-11-2021)
Like Reply
Oh yeah, nothing I make, it's in a can and all I do is refrigerate it. It's a 200mg jolt of caffeine. Right now I buy it at a "food liquidation" store for pennies on the dollar. When it's sold out it's sold out and gone so every week I buy a few cases to keep the wife quiet. Otherwise I would buy all they have. I never noticed it before, but when the caffeine jolt hits it's noticeable, then when it wears off the crash is also noticeable. I only take one per day when I need the boost. I broke the caffeine addiction years ago. Big Grin All it ever did was keep me awake at work and I found that annoying Big Grin . Now that I'm retired I can use it.
Like Reply
(07-12-2021, 03:52 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Oh yeah, nothing I make, it's in a can and all I do is refrigerate it. It's a 200mg jolt of caffeine. Right now I buy it at a "food liquidation" store for pennies on the dollar. When it's sold out it's sold out and gone so every week I buy a few cases to keep the wife quiet. Otherwise I would buy all they have. I never noticed it before, but when the caffeine jolt hits it's noticeable, then when it wears off the crash is also noticeable. I only take one per day when I need the boost. I broke the caffeine addiction years ago. Big Grin All it ever did was keep me awake at work and I found that annoying Big Grin . Now that I'm retired I can use it.

I find I can drink a lot if coffee and still sleep good. Maybe because I do drink a lot. Dunno.
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
George S. Patton
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • TobyC (07-13-2021), Zykris (07-13-2021)
Like Reply
If I'm sitting down drinking coffee, (like now) I'll get sleepy. There have been times when I couldn't sleep so I made coffee (and drank some) and went to bed and slept like a baby.
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • Dave in KY (07-13-2021)
Like Reply