Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Micromatic Monday
I did not get the video to upload yet. I will do that tomorrow. Ended up working early tonight. I did have a great MM shave with the bumpless model,GEM blade and VDH soap. Finished off with smells like Skin Bracer to make it a menthol Micro Matic Monday!!

Happy shaves to ya!
The following 5 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
I had a great shave this morning with the magnificent yet mild mannered Micromatic Bullet Tip. 

The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, TobyC, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
Great minds think alike GAW9576....Micromatic Bullet Tip, (aka Flying Wing, aka Guiding Eye).  I'm posting late, but the shave did indeed take place on Monday.  I have to say that my favorite Micromatics go in this somewhat odd order:  Micromatic (either with or without bumps, makes no difference to me), Micromatic Flying Wing, and last (and for some reason in my preferences, least) the Micromatic Clog Pruf.  I don't get a bad shave with a Clog-Pruf, but for some indescribable, intangible reason, I just prefer the other two razors more.

[Image: B20-E169-F-5-F66-4-AF8-A191-4-CC65140369-F.jpg]
The following 6 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC, Twelvefret, Wchnu, Whiterook
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 10:03 PM)Flintstone Wrote: Great minds think alike GAW9576....Micromatic Bullet Tip, (aka Flying Wing, aka Guiding Eye).  I'm posting late, but the shave did indeed take place on Monday.  I have to say that my favorite Micromatics go in this somewhat odd order:  Micromatic (either with or without bumps, makes no difference to me), Micromatic Flying Wing, and last (and for some reason in my preferences, least) the Micromatic Clog Pruf.  I don't get a bad shave with a Clog-Pruf, but for some indescribable, intangible reason, I just prefer the other two razors more.

Very nice and glad you participated. We go way back don’t we? I’ve never had that style of GEM, but I can admire yours. Best regards, @flintsone.
The following 2 users Like Twelvefret's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 10:03 PM)Flintstone Wrote: Great minds think alike GAW9576....Micromatic Bullet Tip, (aka Flying Wing, aka Guiding Eye).  I'm posting late, but the shave did indeed take place on Monday.  I have to say that my favorite Micromatics go in this somewhat odd order:  Micromatic (either with or without bumps, makes no difference to me), Micromatic Flying Wing, and last (and for some reason in my preferences, least) the Micromatic Clog Pruf.  I don't get a bad shave with a Clog-Pruf, but for some indescribable, intangible reason, I just prefer the other two razors more.

Do you have both the regular and peerless Clog-Pruf?
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Flintstone, TobyC
Like Reply
(08-13-2021, 01:22 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:

Do you have both the regular and peerless Clog-Pruf?

What is a Peerless Clog-Pruf?

Same razor different case?

Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(08-13-2021, 01:28 AM)TobyC Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:22 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Do you have both the regular and peerless Clog-Pruf?

What is a Peerless Clog-Pruf?

It has more teeth on the comb. I believe the count is 11 on the regular and 17 on the peerless but I would have to count them again to verify. To me the peerless seems more efficient. I like both though.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • TobyC
Like Reply
(08-13-2021, 01:22 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Do you have both the regular and peerless Clog-Pruf?
Funny you should ask -- I haven't picked up a "new to me" razor in quite a while, but I have a peerless winging it's way through the mail, even as I type this -- at least I hope it is.  I've been curious about the Peerless for a while, as I've heard some other folks mention that they prefer it to the "regular".  I'm not optimistic that I'll be able to tell a difference, but I do harbor some hope that it may raise the Clog-Pruf's ranking a bit in the den.  When it comes in, it will definitely be showing up on Micromatic Monday.
The following 3 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(08-13-2021, 01:08 PM)Flintstone Wrote:
Funny you should ask -- I haven't picked up a "new to me" razor in quite a while, but I have a peerless winging it's way through the mail, even as I type this -- at least I hope it is.  I've been curious about the Peerless for a while, as I've heard some other folks mention that they prefer it to the "regular".  I'm not optimistic that I'll be able to tell a difference, but I do harbor some hope that it may raise the Clog-Pruf's ranking a bit in the den.  When it comes in, it will definitely be showing up on Micromatic Monday.

Cool and what a coincidence. (if you believe in coincidences)
Like Reply
(08-13-2021, 02:32 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:28 AM)TobyC Wrote: What is a Peerless Clog-Pruf?

It has more teeth on the comb. I believe the count is 11 on the regular and 17 on the peerless but I would have to count them again to verify. To me the peerless seems more efficient. I like both though.

I've seen images of the two side by side, I didn't know one was a "Peerless". I don't know what the peerless sets were all about, I thought it was just a marketing thing to sell more stuff. Special box, different handle, cool name, just to catch consumer interest.
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply