Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hawk V3
After a week of using 2 unmentionables, I am back to SE goodness!
This week I am trying out different handles for the Hawk. I have the Version 3 stainless steel. I had a V1 a few years back and didn't care for the head size and promptly moved it to a new home. I had a Vector for 5 months, and while I loved it and the shave results, I couldn't get consistently comfy shaves from it. I tend towards mild razors, so with some sadness, I moved it on to a new home. Others on various forums rated the Hawk and the General as milder than the Vector, so with the funds from selling the Vector, I added both! and I am loving them.

The handles shown are Razorock Halos, the longer is the Ti at 100mm and the shorter by 10mm is the SS version. 
The brushes are Timberwolf knots, both in handles made by friends on another forum.
And I am using Haslinger's Aloe Vera this week, with Mike's on alternate days, in an attempt to use it up and get my first empty tub this year!

Thanks for reading!
Eric
The following 4 users Like MaineYooper's post:
  • Dave in KY (08-15-2021), GAW9576 (08-15-2021), Tony'schin (08-16-2021), Twelvefret (08-16-2021)
Like Reply
(08-15-2021, 08:03 PM)MaineYooper Wrote: After a week of using 2 unmentionables, I am back to SE goodness!
This week I am trying out different handles for the Hawk. I have the Version 3 stainless steel. I had a V1 a few years back and didn't care for the head size and promptly moved it to a new home. I had a Vector for 5 months, and while I loved it and the shave results, I couldn't get consistently comfy shaves from it. I tend towards mild razors, so with some sadness, I moved it on to a new home. Others on various forums rated the Hawk and the General as milder than the Vector, so with the funds from selling the Vector, I added both! and I am loving them.

The handles shown are Razorock Halos, the longer is the Ti at 100mm and the shorter by 10mm is the SS version. 
The brushes are Timberwolf knots, both in handles made by friends on another forum.
And I am using Haslinger's Aloe Vera this week, with Mike's on alternate days, in an attempt to use it up and get my first empty tub this year!

Thanks for reading!
Eric
That copper brush looks awesome!!!
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
George S. Patton
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576 (08-15-2021), MaineYooper (08-19-2021), Tony'schin (08-16-2021)
Like Reply