Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to tag people ?
The @ sign is used before the name with no spacing. @ tobyc with no space between the @ sign and the name and it will show up as this TobyC

If the name has spaces in it, it's just a little trickier. You'll need to use the " before and after the name as it appears online. So Old Sarge looks like @ "old sarge" with no space between the @ sign or the name in quotes.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 7 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Hoser#99nein, Old Sarge, srqshaver, TobyC, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:06 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: The @ sign is used before the name with no spacing. @ tobyc with no space between the @ sign and the name and it will show up as this TobyC

If the name has spaces in it, it's just a little trickier. You'll need to use the " before and after the name as it appears online. So Old Sarge looks like @ "old sarge" with no space between the @ sign or the name in quotes.

Cheers Dave, 
I was trying to remeber how to tag a gapped name.
T
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 3 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:15 PM)Tony'schin Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 07:06 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: The @ sign is used before the name with no spacing. @ tobyc with no space between the @ sign and the name and it will show up as this TobyC

Cheers Dave, 
T

Old Sarge let me know there weren't many tips in the "tips area" and he's correct so If I think of anything I think may help, I'll try and add it. Cheers Tony
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 4 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:18 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 07:15 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: Cheers Dave, 
T

Old Sarge let me know there weren't many tips in the "tips area" and he's correct so If I think of anything I think may help, I'll try and add it. Cheers Tony

It's like you are reading my mind Dave in KY! I was just fussing with trying to do this about 15 minutes ago and couldn't figure it out. I recalled seeing some of the "hyperlinked" usernames in posts and wanted to replicate...but wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for the great tip! Also, don't know what I'd do without the "Preview Post" button...what a great way to double check that everything is dress right dress!
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 4 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:33 PM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 07:18 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Old Sarge let me know there weren't many tips in the "tips area" and he's correct so If I think of anything I think may help, I'll try and add it. Cheers Tony

It's like you are reading my mind Dave in KY! I was just fussing with trying to do this about 15 minutes ago and couldn't figure it out. I recalled seeing some of the "hyperlinked" usernames in posts and wanted to replicate...but wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for the great tip! Also, don't know what I'd do without the "Preview Post" button...what a great way to double check that everything is dress right dress!

If all else fails there is the "Edit" button  Big Grin
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:36 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 07:33 PM)Old Sarge Wrote: It's like you are reading my mind Dave in KY! I was just fussing with trying to do this about 15 minutes ago and couldn't figure it out. I recalled seeing some of the "hyperlinked" usernames in posts and wanted to replicate...but wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for the great tip! Also, don't know what I'd do without the "Preview Post" button...what a great way to double check that everything is dress right dress!

If all else fails there is the "Edit" button  Big Grin

I hadn't even noticed an edit button yet!

I did notice that when I tried to type the username for Tony'schin that even though there were no spaces, because of the apostrophe it required the quotation marks. I might just get in the habit of using them all the time to keep things simple in my simple mind!  Big Grin
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 4 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 07:42 PM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 07:36 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: If all else fails there is the "Edit" button  Big Grin

I hadn't even noticed an edit button yet!

I did notice that when I tried to type the username for Tony'schin that even though there were no spaces, because of the apostrophe it required the quotation marks. I might just get in the habit of using them all the time to keep things simple in my simple mind!  Big Grin

Nice catch and I may add that to the instructions. The ' may be seen as a space.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Thanks for this. I was wondering why I wasn’t able to tag you in my Sign In post.
-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 3 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply