Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soap Conservation
This might seem to some as "much to do about nothing" Rolleyes , but recently I have started squeezing the lather out of the brush and putting it back into the container. As expensive as some soaps can be, I figure this is an easy and practical routine. Thoughts?  Cool
The following 2 users Like Twelvefret's post:
  • GAW9576 (10-01-2021), Old Sarge (10-01-2021)
Like Reply
(10-01-2021, 12:58 PM)Twelvefret Wrote: This might seem to some as "much to do about nothing" Rolleyes , but recently I have started squeezing the lather out of the brush and putting it back into the container. As expensive as some soaps can be, I figure this is an easy and practical routine. Thoughts?  Cool

I also squeeze the lather out of the brush, but I use it for a post shave face wash. I generally don't rinse out the soap container and only wipe down the outside and top edge then set it aside to dry out for a few hours, so some of the lather would dry out for the next shave. It seems like most of these soaps will take a long time to empty out and aren't we all looking around and thinking of buying the next new soap?  Big Grin
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 1 user Likes Old Sarge's post:
  • GAW9576 (10-01-2021)
Like Reply
Dave gifted me a container of Chiseled Face Sherlock so, I don’t use a separate bowl and also face later so maybe it’s more YMMV as to my suggestion.
Like Reply
Scrub your face with a soapy brush and then put dead skin cells and live bacteria into your soap to use another day? Sounds like squeezing the sweat outa your socks into your sock drawer. I'm gonna pass on both.
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576 (10-01-2021)
Like Reply
Toby, I’m never attempting to suggest you to do something you’d prefer not to do. I watched and ancient video of an old Sheffield razor maker do it, and have been doing what he did. Plus, I know enough about infectious disease not to be concerned. Peace man. Can we get over this ?
Like Reply
(10-01-2021, 02:28 PM)Twelvefret Wrote: Toby, I’m never attempting to suggest you to do something you’d prefer not to do. I watched and ancient video of an old Sheffield razor maker do it, and have been doing what he did. Plus, I know enough about infectious disease not to be concerned. Peace man. Can we get over this ?

I didn't know they had videos in ancient times.

Get over what? What have you done now?

Folks used to salt meat and keep it in barrels before they had refrigeration, hence the term "bottom of the barrel".

I don't keep the toothpaste left on my toothbrush either.
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 2 users Like TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576 (10-01-2021), Twelvefret (10-01-2021)
Like Reply
(10-01-2021, 03:22 PM)TobyC Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 02:28 PM)Twelvefret Wrote: Toby, I’m never attempting to suggest you to do something you’d prefer not to do. I watched and ancient video of an old Sheffield razor maker do it, and have been doing what he did. Plus, I know enough about infectious disease not to be concerned. Peace man. Can we get over this ?

I didn't know they had videos in ancient times.

Get over what? What have you done now?

Folks used to salt meat and keep it in barrels before they had refrigeration, hence the term "bottom of the barrel".

I don't keep the toothpaste left on my toothbrush either.

Never mind.
Like Reply
I know of others that do this so you're not alone. I don't do it but that's just me. I say do what you choose with your stuff and be happy.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576 (10-01-2021), Old Sarge (10-01-2021), Twelvefret (10-01-2021)
Like Reply
If it's a scent I really like I squeeze the extra lather out to wash up with. I leave lather in the container at the beginning of a shave if there was excess but I've never put it back in after the shave.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Old Sarge (10-01-2021), TobyC (10-01-2021), Twelvefret (10-01-2021)
Like Reply