Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOTD - November 2021
[Image: 211102-Sot-D-Unmentionable.jpg]

Tabac Tuesday!
Cold Water Shave
Pre: Neutrogena Soap Face Wash, Noxzema Cream as Pre Shave
Razor: Birth Year (1966) Unmentionable (Jayaruh PIF)
Blade: Unmentionable (1st Use)
Brush: Jayaruh #403
Soap: Tabac
Post: Osma Alum Block, T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, Clubman Pinaud After Shave, Nivea Sensitive Balm

A quick, no-fuss two pass shave with a Birth Year (1966) Unmentionable on setting 5 compliments of Jayaruh. Thank you Jim, for you generosity! It has been a long day, so I did a quick 15 swirls or so in the Tabac with Jayaruh #403 and knocked out a rather impressive face lather...impressive for me because I haven't tried it much.
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 9 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Grassy, Jayaruh, mlb 549, TobyC, Tony'schin, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
ATT G1
Gem PTFE 
Bog Oak Badger 
Tabac
Squadron Empire 

Great shave for a Tabac Tuesday or Tabac Wednesday as I call it.
The following 7 users Like Grassy's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Old Sarge, Tony'schin, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
Wednesday November 3, 2021
Razor: Schick N
Blade: Schick Twin Injector
Brush: Stuart/Timberwolf
Soap: Vintage Williams Shave Stick
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,092

Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 6 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • Jayaruh, mlb 549, Old Sarge, Tony'schin, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 10:19 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 03:46 PM)TobyC Wrote: That's banter with an unfriendly tone,... I may scream and stomp my feet.

No that was banter with a very friendly tone and about an unknown 3rd party. I knew it wasn't Dave that wrote the part about sparkling. That's apparently what some vampires do in newer movies that I've never seen. (the sparkling that is)

(11-02-2021, 10:28 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 03:46 PM)TobyC Wrote: That's banter with an unfriendly tone,... I may scream and stomp my feet.

(11-02-2021, 10:19 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: No that was banter with a very friendly tone and about an unknown 3rd party. I knew it wasn't Dave that wrote the part about sparkling. That's apparently what some vampires do in newer movies that I've never seen. (the sparkling that is)
It was completely taken as banter with a friendly tone. I can't describe scents well and always fall back to the companies descriptions. I will say my Sunshine Man by Amouage is BEAST mode. 2 spritzes. Any more will clear a room .........ALL day. This was more muted.

Facetious,... and you took too long, I already screamed and stomped my feet. Big Grin
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 4 users Like TobyC's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mlb 549, Twelvefret
Like Reply
03/11/21
Pre      -  Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush  -  Vintage 1950's Vulfix Service #3
Soap   -  Wickhams 1912 Classic 24
Razor  -  Parker InjRzr
Blade  -  Parker / Personna Injector? (1)
Post    -  Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm   -  Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S     -  Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

[Image: Wk-44-5.jpg]

1st use of the Parker InjRzr and for the shave i just left the blade in that came in the razor - Parker? Personna?
Another very easy lather from the Wickham soap, today the Classic 24, the brush holding plenty for the shave from very little loading.
I set the Razor to #4 and started the shave, yes, as others have said it is a mild razor. I completed the WTG & XTG on #4 the pushed to #5 for the AGT pass, the razor has done its job and the DFS+ finish is very comfortable.
I am not disappointed with this one at all, it looks good and feels very similar to a vintage injector in the hand. I am sure i will be able to get better shaves from it once it has been given a few run-outs.
A nice finish with the Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion then a splash of Vintage 4711 which has more alcohol and to my nose, is a bit more bitter orange scent than the new version.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 6 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Old Sarge, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
GEM G  Bar/PTFE blade/Arko Stick/Semogue boar/Aqua Velva

One and done today. This is an impressive result for half of what I usually do and an impressive razor blade holder.
The following 7 users Like Twelvefret's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Old Sarge, Tony'schin, Whiterook
Like Reply
Razor: Made in US
Blade: Made in US
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 7 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Old Sarge, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
[Image: 211103-Sot-D-Gem-G-bar.jpg]

Williams Wednesday!
Cold Water Shave
Pre: Neutrogena Soap Face Wash, Noxzema Cream as Pre Shave
Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top (twhite bonus gift)
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (2nd Use)
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Post: Osma Alum Block, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Aqua Velva, Nivea Cooling Sensitive Balm

Looks like Twelvefret and I had nearly the same shave today using the same or similar items! (thumbs up emoji here)

A successful three pass shave, the first use of the Gem Heavy Flat Top compliments of Tom (twhite) provided as a bonus gift when I purchased the OC Dammy. Thank you, Tom! To limit irritation, no ATG on the cheeks, but two XTG passes there. I very much liked the feel of the handle and the weight of the razor. Though it has the unmistakable squared off guard as the Featherweight and I could initially feel the similarity on my skin, this razor shaved much differently due to the increase weight. I liked it very much!

I'm getting better with the Williams soap. I'm going to stick with bowl lathering with it for a while. I found it particularly useful in between passes to re-swirl the soap in the bowl to work some of the bubbles out that had formed as the lather broke down while I was shaving.
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 7 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mlb 549, TobyC, Tony'schin, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 11:45 AM)TobyC Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:19 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: No that was banter with a very friendly tone and about an unknown 3rd party. I knew it wasn't Dave that wrote the part about sparkling. That's apparently what some vampires do in newer movies that I've never seen. (the sparkling that is)

(11-02-2021, 10:28 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: It was completely taken as banter with a friendly tone. I can't describe scents well and always fall back to the companies descriptions. I will say my Sunshine Man by Amouage is BEAST mode. 2 spritzes. Any more will clear a room .........ALL day. This was more muted.

Facetious,... and you took too long, I already screamed and stomped my feet. Big Grin

Well if you were offended in any way buy my comment then I would like to extend my most sincere apology. I'm sorry for being insensitive in my joking comment.
The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, mlb 549, Old Sarge, TobyC
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 08:45 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 11:45 AM)TobyC Wrote: Facetious,... and you took too long, I already screamed and stomped my feet.  Big Grin

Well if you were offended in any way buy my comment then I would like to extend my most sincere apology. I'm sorry for being insensitive in my joking comment.

Pretty sure Toby is just jerking everyone's chain to see who will bark   Big Grin
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, mlb 549, TobyC
Like Reply