Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micromatic Double Edge Blades
(11-05-2021, 02:26 PM)TobyC Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 06:02 PM)Wchnu Wrote: This was my first time with a Micromatic Double edge blade. It made for a great shave. Just as smooth as a current production blade. 

Wow, you actually went back and fixed it, very cool, I figured you would just let it go.

I did. Your welcome!!

(11-05-2021, 05:38 PM)riverrun Wrote: - What if I have a proper SE razor that takes proper unmentionable blades. Is that mentionable?

My East-German Golf-71 (which unfortunately doesn't hold its unmentionable blade firmly. Designed by bearded Stalinists I think)

Yes it is. As long as it was built to be a single edge...like the shake sharp.... and only the one blade is exposed I think we can rate it as a SE.

(11-05-2021, 10:27 PM)srqshaver Wrote: I’ve asked the question elsewhere and have never received a decent answer “Why are vintage blades sought after?”  Is it just because they are interesting or was the steel better or something? I have some older injector blades that I have yet to try. Maybe I’m missing out?

Mostly I think it is because it is something from the past that is not Not still around. Like vintage soaps. Some say there are certain blades that last longer and what not but I am not sure of all that. Most vintage blades I have tried were unusable. I have had some vintage injector blades that did a good job though,
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Old Sarge, srqshaver
Like Reply