Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh Batch of 3D Razors
I have been not so secretly admiring the 3D printed razors I see here and elsewhere so I set about finding someone to print them for me. Fortunately, a kind gentleman on another forum has agreed to take on the project. It's a bit of a learning experience for him since he hasn't printed any of these before. I think he's doing a great job. I don't have them in hand yet so I have to admire them from afar until he ships them to me. It looks like maybe they need some trimming and sanding but otherwise, they are ready to shave.

On a side note, I've had some exchanges with Roger Quintero, the person who created these designs. He's been using a different one recently that he hasn't released the files for so I keep teasing him that he's got to release them eventually. He teased back that he's thinking of making an AC razor so that might be on the horizon. How cool is it that someone creative can release their work for others to enjoy? I definitely owe that guy a beer or three.

-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 8 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, MaineYooper, Old Sarge, SlimGem, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
(11-21-2021, 10:25 PM)srqshaver Wrote: I have been not so secretly admiring the 3D printed razors I see here and elsewhere so I set about finding someone to print them for me. Fortunately, a kind gentleman on another forum has agreed to take on the project. It's a bit of a learning experience for him since he hasn't printed any of these before. I think he's doing a great job. I don't have them in hand yet so I have to admire them from afar until he ships them to me. It looks like maybe they need some trimming and sanding but otherwise, they are ready to shave.

On a side note, I've had some exchanges with Roger Quintero, the person who created these designs. He's been using a different one recently that he hasn't released the files for so I keep teasing him that he's got to release them eventually. He teased back that he's thinking of making an AC razor so that might be on the horizon. How cool is it that someone creative can release their work for others to enjoy? I definitely owe that guy a beer or three.

Enviable collection, Congrats !!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge, srqshaver
Like Reply
Veddy nice!!! Those look good to me.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
Like Reply
(11-21-2021, 10:25 PM)srqshaver Wrote: I have been not so secretly admiring the 3D printed razors I see here and elsewhere so I set about finding someone to print them for me. Fortunately, a kind gentleman on another forum has agreed to take on the project. It's a bit of a learning experience for him since he hasn't printed any of these before. I think he's doing a great job. I don't have them in hand yet so I have to admire them from afar until he ships them to me. It looks like maybe they need some trimming and sanding but otherwise, they are ready to shave.

Wonderful collection, Eric! I see many happy shaves in you near future!!! Thumbsup
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 2 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • GAW9576, srqshaver
Like Reply

Congratulations. Lots of fun shaves ahead in your future.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
Like Reply

Awesome. After I get a few more vintage razors I'm likely to get some of Roger's 3Ds printed razors made. twhite has some fantastic designs as well. I have a few of his but want to get a few more.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Old Sarge, srqshaver
Like Reply
(11-21-2021, 10:25 PM)srqshaver Wrote: I have been not so secretly admiring the 3D printed razors I see here and elsewhere so I set about finding someone to print them for me. Fortunately, a kind gentleman on another forum has agreed to take on the project. It's a bit of a learning experience for him since he hasn't printed any of these before. I think he's doing a great job. I don't have them in hand yet so I have to admire them from afar until he ships them to me. It looks like maybe they need some trimming and sanding but otherwise, they are ready to shave.

Oh, that's cool! My congratulations! When will you get your razor? I searched a little and found only this (https://damnfineshave.com/thread-3d-prin...ors--23597) thread about 3d razors. Which one did you order?
The following 2 users Like Reon76's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(12-12-2021, 08:45 PM)Reon76 Wrote: Oh, that's cool! My congratulations! When will you get your razor? I searched a little and found only this (https://damnfineshave.com/thread-3d-prin...ors--23597) thread about 3d razors. Which one did you order?

I gave the guy who offered to print them for me a list of ones I was interested in. They are all designs I found on Thingiverse.
  • GEM Single Edge Safety Razor "Weck SE" vintage Weck style
  • GEM SE Safety Razor 3 piece adjustable
  • GEM Single Edge Safety Razor "Triceratops"
  • GEM Single Edge Safety Razor "Stoll Jr. SE" Lather Catcher with Case
  • GEM Single Edge Safety Razor "ENDGEM SPEED" enders style

As you can see in the picture I posted, he was able to print a bunch of them but he hasn't sent them to me. I guess he got busy or something. If I don't hear from him soon I'll just get them printed using one of the online services.
-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 2 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply