Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January Hauls 2022
(01-14-2022, 09:20 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Came in today in incredible condition. Looked to have a Twin Blade loaded so I guess they take Twins ? Have to pinch myself as I still can't believe I got it for what I did........

I thought the H was the first to be able to take Twins but I very well could be wrong.

(01-14-2022, 09:38 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I received an unexpected haul today from Whiterook in Hawaii. I got a bunch of Hawaiian treats along with a red baton Treet SE razor and a tub of Rustbelt Reserve Indigo Oud Shaving Soap. What a guy! Thanks, David.

[Image: AVvXsEj0Zp-0voWmBrrPypHTERH6DcfQxkMIfonC...=w400-h301]

That is a beauty. I really like my red Baton handle. Although now I usually use it with a brass Gem 1912 mine also came on a Treet.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Whiterook
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:24 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 09:20 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Came in today in incredible condition. Looked to have a Twin Blade loaded so I guess they take Twins ? Have to pinch myself as I still can't believe I got it for what I did........

I thought the H was the first to be able to take Twins but I very well could be wrong.

(01-14-2022, 09:38 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I received an unexpected haul today from Whiterook in Hawaii. I got a bunch of Hawaiian treats along with a red baton Treet SE razor and a tub of Rustbelt Reserve Indigo Oud Shaving Soap. What a guy! Thanks, David.

[Image: AVvXsEj0Zp-0voWmBrrPypHTERH6DcfQxkMIfonC...=w400-h301]

That is a beauty. I really like my red Baton handle. Although now I usually use it with a brass Gem 1912 mine also came on a Treet.

That's what I've also heard but it had one in it........
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:43 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 10:24 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I thought the H was the first to be able to take Twins but I very well could be wrong.

That's what I've also heard but it had one in it........
My g2 came with a twin blade in it as well.  I'm sticking with what they were designed for myself.  If I give the twin blades a another chance I'll use my Gillette.
That is a really nice Type D!  You done good!
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:04 PM)Whiterook Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 10:43 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: That's what I've also heard but it had one in it........
My g2 came with a twin blade in it as well.  I'm sticking with what they were designed for myself.  If I give the twin blades a another chance I'll use my Gillette.
That is a really nice Type D!  You done good!

Thanks and yes, I will stick with a regular injector blade going forward too.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply
I don't know if I just bought a really cool and unique razor, or just did something plain dumb.   This is the updated version of the ATT G1, so not as mild as the original.  Some say it's still to mild and others seem to find it okay.  I am just taken with the design of the thing.  It takes a Gem blade so I figure why not try it.  They aren't made anymore and there could be a reason for that!  We'll find out after it gets here.

-----
The following 4 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, MaineYooper
Like Reply
(01-22-2022, 07:22 PM)Whiterook Wrote: I don't know if I just bought a really cool and unique razor, or just did something plain dumb.   This is the updated version of the ATT G1, so not as mild as the original.  Some say it's still to mild and others seem to find it okay.  I am just taken with the design of the thing.  It takes a Gem blade so I figure why not try it.  They aren't made anymore and there could be a reason for that!  We'll find out after it gets here.

Cool catch, they catch my eye every time I see them but haven't bought one for the reasons you stated. Looking forward to your thoughts on it!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, MaineYooper, Whiterook
Like Reply
I am hoping it shaves as well as a Feather Weight or one of the other mild Gems, given a new PTFE blade. Fingers crossed!
-----
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(01-22-2022, 07:22 PM)Whiterook Wrote: I don't know if I just bought a really cool and unique razor, or just did something plain dumb.   This is the updated version of the ATT G1, so not as mild as the original.  Some say it's still to mild and others seem to find it okay.  I am just taken with the design of the thing.  It takes a Gem blade so I figure why not try it.  They aren't made anymore and there could be a reason for that!  We'll find out after it gets here.

It is a beauty. Good luck with that. I hope it is just right for your liking.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply

I've always liked the look of the scalloped top cap on those.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Whiterook
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 07:31 PM)Whiterook Wrote: I picked this Schick G up from a collector who has posted it on a couple of forums in the past.  He describes it as a crimson handle  but I think it is more of a vermillion or mahogany color.  It reminds me of the color of the old bakelite radios from back in the day.  There is no visible seam on the handle so it could be bakelite.  The round ferrule is indicative of 1950s production.   Someone said that it was a blue handle that faded, but my blue handles both have seams.  I've seen black tip Unmentionables faded to brown, but they are bakelite.   I think it is going to remain a mystery.   I'd love you hear your thoughts on this one, gentlemen!

This may be what you have. That is from Wait's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply