Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOTD - February 2022
(02-02-2022, 01:52 AM)mayer57619 Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 01:00 AM)srqshaver Wrote: What a great-looking razor! That's not one I'm familiar with. It never ceases to amaze me how many different ideas about what a razor could be there were at that point in time.

Great shave! I have this razor on my shortlist for acquisitions this year.

I commented on your video already but I thought I might as well say it here too. This is one of the GEM razors that I'd like to pick up soon. I really like the look of it. Your clear tape on the blade edges is very clever.

What a shame! It's a very interesting-looking razor. I hadn't heard of it until now and maybe this is why!

How is the OC variant? I have to imagine there's more blade feel but that's not always the case.

I feel the OC of the Hawk V3 has much more blade feel than the other versions I have tried.

I also have the ATT GA razor with both original plates and have not had troubles with it other than it being a very mild razor...hope you are able to dial it in.

I am pretty sure my problem was trying too push the limit to get a better shave. I was trying different angles and such. My first shave with it was far less dramatic, but not so close. I'm not giving up just giving it a rest.
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 6 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
I shaved above my beard and around the moustache this morning with an unmentionable and an Oak shave cream sample.   I finshed with bay rum aftershave.   My new Yaqi Panda brush works well.  Skipped my neck!

-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 7 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, kyle3rv2, mlb 549, srqshaver, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
Razorock ECO, Williams Mug Soap, Yaqi 29mm synthetic brush, AV!!
The following 6 users Like mlb 549's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, srqshaver, Tony'schin, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
Going full Boar this week with the Sabre and the House of Mammoth!

The following 8 users Like MaineYooper's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, srqshaver, Tony'schin, Twelvefret, Whiterook
Like Reply
MARS razor
1/2 Astra SP blade
Van DER Hagen pure badger brush
Vintage Williams Mug soap in Kerr Jelly Glass Jar
Vintage Royal Copenhagen aftershave

~ Justin M.
The following 8 users Like mayer57619's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, kyle3rv2, mlb 549, srqshaver, Tony'schin, Whiterook
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 07:16 PM)MaineYooper Wrote: Going full Boar this week with the Sabre and the House of Mammoth!

How is that handle? I assume it's fine but it looks like it might be a little slippery if wet and soapy.

(02-02-2022, 08:00 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: MARS razor
1/2 Astra SP blade

I dig the MARS razor. I missed out on the initial run and had considered the Kickstarter but decided to wait until things settle down before I went ahead. I'm definitely interested to see how the injector blade plate works.
-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 3 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 10:08 PM)srqshaver Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 07:16 PM)MaineYooper Wrote: Going full Boar this week with the Sabre and the House of Mammoth!

How is that handle? I assume it's fine but it looks like it might be a little slippery if wet and soapy.

(02-02-2022, 08:00 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: MARS razor
1/2 Astra SP blade

I dig the MARS razor. I missed out on the initial run and had considered the Kickstarter but decided to wait until things settle down before I went ahead. I'm definitely interested to see how the injector blade plate works.

That is one thing I wish I new was coming...but I like the shaves I have gotten with the first release version.
~ Justin M.
The following 3 users Like mayer57619's post:
  • GAW9576, mlb 549, srqshaver
Like Reply
My first shave with my recently acquired Schick F. I loaded a Personna 74. Vintage Williams and a new Zenith Boar lathered up quite well and a splash of which hazel and Aqua Velva took care of the rest. 

The following 8 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, kyle3rv2, MaineYooper, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Whiterook
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 10:08 PM)srqshaver Wrote:

the handle grips fine, no worries!
The following 4 users Like MaineYooper's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, srqshaver, Tony'schin
Like Reply
3rd rolls razor shave since sharpening. I have two rolls sets one is like new in box with a good strop and stone. I stropped my sharpened blade using the rolls mechanism instead of the edge pro. It didnt seem to have an impact on the shave. That's good I was worried with my sharpening it might round the edge off. But I used Williams like any sensible person on a Wednesday. Of course it lathered nicely with a cremo horse hair brush and textured Turkish bowl. Paa fresco old spice fresh clone aftershave. I had three bleeders all on the upper lip sealed themselves no issue but no irritation and bbs. Still sorting my rolls technique. Good shave and the rolls mechanism not damaging my edge is good news it's easier than stropping on the edge pro. Plus it means if I sharpen a rolls blade for someone else they can maintain it.
The following 6 users Like kyle3rv2's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Whiterook
Like Reply