Razor: Unmentionable
Blade: Unmentionable
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Coral Oscuro
Soap: LØTHUR Dave
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1185

Star of the show was the shave soap made in the UK which was new to me. I saw it was called Dave and the scent seemed to be in my wheelhouse so.....I would call it a Croap as it's soft but not to the point of a cream. It loads easy and takes water well and took to a nice sour cream consistency. The scent is nice and fresh and described by the maker (I agree) below:

The inspiration behind ‘DAVE’ comes from our founder’s father David, a great source of inspiration at Løthur. This was a man who was seldom found without a cup of the ‘good stuff’ in hand (English breakfast tea) and was rarely seen out of his sacred space, the back garden. David grew giant lilies, creeping jasmine, tall sweet peas and vibrant iris flowers.

DAVE opens with light, citrusy and fruity top notes, reminiscent of Darjeeling tea. It has a soft jasmine accord at its heart and is perfectly rooted with notes of assam and powdery iris root.

Have a Stupid Fun Day Folks !

You aren't kidding about the description. I'm not usually one for florals but that sounds like a great fragrance. The lather shot also doesn't disappoint.

(02-04-2022, 02:29 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: [Image: sos220204.jpg]
Friday's Shave
[Image: zcws.jpg]

Cold Water Rinse
Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap
Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
Ever-Ready 1924
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Lustray Spice After Shave

The Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1924 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

I really enjoyed watching your video and seeing what angle you are holding the razor at. I haven't used this razor yet but I normally stay pretty shallow with GEMs. I feel like I have a much better idea of how to use this one now. And before I forget, I always get a kick out of you "beaming" yourself.
-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 6 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
Razor: Unmentionable SE razor
Blade: Unmentionable 
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
  Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
  Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 7 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 04:04 PM)srqshaver Wrote: I have failed to post many SOTDs recently, even though most of January was dedicated to injector shaves. Rather than posting a wall of text, here are some of the pictures instead.

I hope everyone has a great shave today!
Hey I like walls of pictures
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 5 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 04:04 PM)srqshaver Wrote: I have failed to post many SOTDs recently, even though most of January was dedicated to injector shaves. Rather than posting a wall of text, here are some of the pictures instead.

Great photos. Beautiful razors too.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • srqshaver
Like Reply
[Image: 3625-C37-F-EB55-4-F24-93-C2-7-DC2-FB82477-E.jpg]image post host
Brush: Jayaruh 316 two band badger
Soap: Vintage life TOST
A/S: Alum followed by Witch hazel

Two pass head and face shave. This one is a keeper.
The following 6 users Like Zykris's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, srqshaver, Whiterook
Like Reply
(02-04-2022, 08:41 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:

Hey like walls of pictures

I apologize. I thought I could do thumbnail-sized images. I posted it on my phone and couldn't tell how much room it took up.
-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 2 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(02-05-2022, 12:28 AM)srqshaver Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 08:41 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Hey like walls of pictures

I apologize. I thought I could do thumbnail-sized images. I posted it on my phone and couldn't tell how much room it took up.

NO Apologies, I LIKE pictures !!!!!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, srqshaver, Tony'schin
Like Reply
05/02/22
Pre       -   Shower
Brush   -   Simpson Chubby 2
Soap    -   Signature Soap Britannia
Razor   -   Unmentionable
Blade   -   Nothing to see here
Post     -   Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm    -   Barts Balm Tester C Spice
A/S      -   Pinaud Brandy Spice
[Image: P2050004.jpg]
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with this razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave
Anyway, a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired Unmentionable SE as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will jot be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.
Hey-Ho! Hopefully it will not affect us too badly.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 6 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, srqshaver, Whiterook
Like Reply
[Image: sos220205.jpg]
Saturday's Shave
[Image: zcws.jpg]

Cold Water Rinse
Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap
Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
Ever-Ready 1924
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Lustray Spice After Shave

The Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1924 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 7 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mayer57619, mlb 549, srqshaver, Tony'schin, Whiterook
Like Reply
(02-05-2022, 11:49 AM)Tony'schin Wrote: 05/02/22
Pre       -   Shower
Brush   -   Simpson Chubby 2
Soap    -   Signature Soap Britannia
Razor   -   Unmentionable
Blade   -   Nothing to see here
Post     -   Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm    -   Barts Balm Tester C Spice
A/S      -   Pinaud Brandy Spice
[Image: P2050004.jpg]
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with this razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave
Anyway, a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired Unmentionable SE as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will jot be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.
Hey-Ho! Hopefully it will not affect us too badly.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Hang in there Mrs TC and Tony !!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 5 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549, Tony'schin, Twelvefret
Like Reply