Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May 2020 Hauls
(06-01-2020, 09:33 PM)Bird Lives Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 04:23 PM)Droo78 Wrote: Great find!

When I go visit my Mom, I found her local Piggly Wiggly store carries those Schick blades too. They also carry GEM blades, DE blades, Williams Mug soap, Aqua Velva (Ice Blue, Ice Sport and Musk), Brut, Old Spice and Skin Bracer.
The neighborhood that Piggly Wiggly is in sounds worth MOVING TO!YOU SHOULD PHOTO THOSES SHELVES...i haven't seen all that booty live on shelf in many years!??
That is a killer idea. Post your local Druggists Shave supplies. Next time I am over at mine I will get pictures.
Lost, If found do not return and do not feed.
The following 2 users Like twhite's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576
Like Reply
(05-31-2020, 08:10 PM)twhite Wrote: So the wife and I went out for a drive just now. I had her stop by the drugstore I used to get my Gem blades from. No luck on the Gems. But behind the counter what did I spy. Yep Injector Blades. The guy said they have carried these for years. For one customer basically. Now they just doubled their base.
I can drive to Lafayette and pick some of those up. They shave great! It is nice of the wife to stop and let you look.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
The local pharmacy in my tiny town has Williams and Schick Injector blades. One interesting side note is that they only stock one of every item on the shelves, even though the shelves are regular-size. I've watched a person go by and "re-stock" the shelves by walking around with a hand basket and replacing each item missing with it's single replacement. All I can think of is that they do it as some kind of theft/loss minimization measure....there are no fancy cameras and a small staff.
The following 2 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576
Like Reply
(06-01-2020, 09:33 PM)Bird Lives Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 04:23 PM)Droo78 Wrote: Great find!

When I go visit my Mom, I found her local Piggly Wiggly store carries those Schick blades too. They also carry GEM blades, DE blades, Williams Mug soap, Aqua Velva (Ice Blue, Ice Sport and Musk), Brut, Old Spice and Skin Bracer.
The neighborhood that Piggly Wiggly is in sounds worth MOVING TO!YOU SHOULD PHOTO THOSES SHELVES...i haven't seen all that booty live on shelf in many years!??

The next time I visit, I will take some pics.
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
I picked up some Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm at the Ingles Market today to replace the one I gave my youngest son. I was all set to use it this week when I couldn't find it, and I remembered giving it to David. Well, I am whole again.

They also carry Williams Mug and Van der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soaps. 

[Image: s-l225.webp]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • BigD, Droo78, GAW9576, twhite
Like Reply
(06-02-2020, 05:31 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I picked up some Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm at the Ingles Market today to replace the one I gave my youngest son. I was all set to use it this week when I couldn't find it, and I remembered giving it to David. Well, I am whole again.

That is some really good after shave balm, especially for the price. I forget where I bought mine, maybe Target. I haven't seen it lately so that makes me want to find some to buy more just in case it stops being produced.
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 2 users Like Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-02-2020, 05:31 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I picked up some Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm at the Ingles Market today to replace the one I gave my youngest son. I was all set to use it this week when I couldn't find it, and I remembered giving it to David. Well, I am whole again.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply

That's good stuff.  Ingles you say?
There's Modern Williams, and then there is everything else.
In Good Faith,
BigD
[Image: pack-and-puck_cropped-768x358.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BigD's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply