Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most aggressive of the Gems ?
I've been on the Hunt to get my next gem razor. I have a featherweight and a 1912 .I would like something on the more aggressive side . Would that be the Micromatic open comb? 

Mild to Aggressive : Contour 2, Contour 1 , Push button ,G bar , Feather weight, MM Bullet tip, Gem JR, 1912, Damaskeene , MM CP ,Damaskeene OC, MM OC. Is this ordering correct ?
The following 3 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mlb 549
Like Reply
Yup, you need an MMOC.
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, mlb 549
Like Reply
Thanks, I just ordered a chrome Gem MMOC . Also comes with black pack of gem blades paid 11$ ill post pics when it gets here.
The following 3 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, Whiterook
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 06:49 PM)CDinVT Wrote: I've been on the Hunt to get my next gem razor. I have a featherweight and a 1912 .I would like something on the more aggressive side . Would that be the Micromatic open comb? 

Mild to Aggressive : Contour 2, Contour 1 , Push button ,G bar , Feather weight, MM Bullet tip, Gem JR, 1912, Damaskeene , MM CP ,Damaskeene OC, MM OC. Is this ordering correct ?

Some people will say the MM there is not that aggressive. I think that if the technique is off that it can be a monster. If you want blade feel you got the right one. My most aggressive feeling of the SE world the MM. I have a Schick E2 and G-8 that are even more so. Glad you are looking for the challenge!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576
Like Reply
You need a Gem Jr. lather catcher.
https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2017/04/g...tcher.html
[Image: 1907ad.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • CDinVT, GAW9576, Whiterook
Like Reply
(06-16-2022, 01:33 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: You need a Gem Jr. lather catcher.
https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2017/04/g...tcher.html
[Image: 1907ad.jpg]
A lather catcher is toward the top my to get list. I've been going through lather catcher videos for research last couple months .Your gem jr bar video was awesome with explaining the 3d printed wedge and the blade angle.
The following 5 users Like CDinVT's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, Wchnu, Whiterook
Like Reply