Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enders Menthol Monday.
(01-26-2024, 12:23 AM)Rocketman Wrote:
GAW9576 dateline='[url=tel:1691202283' Wrote: 1691202283[/url]']
Here is a picture of some of the adapters I made for myself and others. 

GAW9576 I don’t understand what I’m looking at. How do these allow for using the Enders? Are they for Schick type blades? Does the adaptor and another blade go in the razor?? Is that like a silicone or something? Huh Thanks

Yes they work with a Schick Injector type blade. On the ones I made the Grey stuff is JB weld. It makes kind of a back stop to help hold the blade from sliding around. They are made from an original blade that has the cutting edge ground back. The one from Hendricks Classics is made of brass I think it's spring brass but I'm not positive. It has 2 magnets on the underside to help hold the blade. I have to dig it out of my razor storage drawer but Iif memory serves me there is another thin piece of brass silver soldered to the top as a back stop. I haven't actually used mine yet but it seems very well made.
Anyway the Injector blade is sandwiched between the adapter and the razor head.

Here is a link to how I use to load them. The adapters with the JB weld or the Hendricks just make it easier. But this should help in seeing how it works. 

https://youtu.be/iWL-Suzerc4?si=qF1SeXmBtZCS1-Es
Like Reply
I love mine sith the adaptor. I will dig it up and give it some love soon.
Happy shaves to ya!
Like Reply
GAW9576 dateline='[url=tel:1706497125' Wrote: 1706497125[/url]']
Rocketman dateline='[url=tel:1706228631' Wrote: 1706228631[/url]']

GAW9576 I don’t understand what I’m looking at. How do these allow for using the Enders? Are they for Schick type blades? Does the adaptor and another blade go in the razor?? Is that like a silicone or something? Huh Thanks

Yes they work with a Schick Injector type blade. On the ones I made the Grey stuff is JB weld. It makes kind of a back stop to help hold the blade from sliding around. They are made from an original blade that has the cutting edge ground back. The one from Hendricks Classics is made of brass I think it's spring brass but I'm not positive. It has 2 magnets on the underside to help hold the blade. I have to dig it out of my razor storage drawer but Iif memory serves me there is another thin piece of brass silver soldered to the top as a back stop. I haven't actually used mine yet but it seems very well made.

Here is a link to how I use to load them. The adapters with the JB weld or the Hendricks just make it easier. But this should help in seeing how it works. 

Thanks for the response and the time to include the video link. Much appreciated. I see what you are doing in the video and will give that a try. Great video of it. My concerns will be movement/shifting  of the injector blade mid shave, and the most effective depth of sitting the edge. There are no stops I don't think?

And sorry, I am only half way with understanding using the jbweld adapters. Does the glue keep it from moving in the sandwich?
Rocketman - a simple Pogonaut in search of the ultimate destubbilization system. 
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 07:40 AM)Rocketman Wrote:
GAW9576 dateline='[url=tel:1706497125' Wrote: 1706497125[/url]']
Rocketman dateline='[url=tel:1706228631' Wrote: 1706228631[/url]']

Thanks for the response and the time to include the video link. Much appreciated. I see what you are doing in the video and will give that a try. Great video of it. My concerns will be movement/shifting  of the injector blade mid shave, and the most effective depth of sitting the edge. There are no stops I don't think?

And sorry, I am only half way with understanding using the jbweld adapters. Does the glue keep it from moving in the sandwich?

Be sure to remove the cutting edge and make it super dull on the old Enders blade. You want to be able to run your finger across it without worry of cutting. Before you doll it though load it into the razor and get a good visual reference of Where The Cutting Edge lines up so you know where to line up the edge of the injector blade. There should be plenty of tension to hold the blade in place because proper shaving should not require enough pressure to move it. On all of my shaves that way it has been a pretty tight fit and not shifted. But of course you should and a little extra caution to the shave. But that's really true with any new setup. The JB Weld adapter is made by clamping and injector blade to the new blade lining up the cutting edges. Then applying the JB Weld behind the injector blade. Then you remove the injector blade before the JB Weld dries and sticks it to the Vintage blade. This creates a little lip behind the injector blade that keeps it from sliding backwards. If you put the JB Weld down into the little oval shaped holes and gives more grip area. This prevents slipping even more. The best vintage blades to use from my experience are the ones with the Greyhound engraved on them. The ones that I have had that don't have the Greyhound or something else engraved on them are not as good of quality Steel and I've had the tabs on the sides snap off. Hope this helps and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. If you want more pictures or close-ups I'd be happy to accommodate.
Like Reply
I will try and make a video with the JB weld one I have.
Happy shaves to ya!
Like Reply
So I have dug out some razors and blades and see it is soon time to go on an Ender Bender! 

I will start fiddling around and see if I can sort it out. (It took over an hour last week to get my front door to stay shut, so we’ll see how this goes.)

Yeah Fuzz, that would be very cool. If we sort it out, and using the info GAW9576 has posted, maybe we could put together more info in the Whet Shop with a little cut and paste. There is a thread started on the Enders adapters, perhaps we can beef that up some.

I will post my success or lack of here in the next days.
Rocketman - a simple Pogonaut in search of the ultimate destubbilization system. 
Like Reply
(01-31-2024, 04:41 PM)Rocketman Wrote: So I have dug out some razors and blades and see it is soon time to go on an Ender Bender! 

I will start fiddling around and see if I can sort it out. (It took over an hour last week to get my front door to stay shut, so we’ll see how this goes.)

Yeah Fuzz, that would be very cool. If we sort it out, and using the info GAW9576 has posted, maybe we could put together more info in the Whet Shop with a little cut and paste. There is a thread started on the Enders adapters, perhaps we can beef that up some.

The Enders are excellent razors. I feel like it is well worth the effort. Also I've only come across this on one or two razors out of quiet a few I've delta with but some are slightly narrower on the inside of the head and this makes a modern blade to tight of a fit. If you come across this just stop and let me know. I found a fix but I would want to talk you through it in greater detail than I have time for tonight.
Like Reply
(01-31-2024, 04:41 PM)Rocketman Wrote: So I have dug out some razors and blades and see it is soon time to go on an Ender Bender! 

Awesomelicious
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply